Wondering what I can do to sell a home in O'Fallon MO

Asked by Jrm797s, O'Fallon, MO Sun May 26, 2013

Answers

5
Teresa Ghioto…, Agent, Saint Charles, MO
Mon May 27, 2013
You will need to determine a current market value of your home based on comparables, you'll need to create a marketable product that appeals to buyers on an aesthetic level, and you'll need to secure the services of a Realtor who works for you, doing everything a professional should to make the process as beneficial and efficient for you as possible.

Determining the market value of your home depends on a few different things:
1.) the comparable properties in your area that have sold recently (typically no older than 6 months ago) and how they compare with your home.
2.) the condition (maintenance, updates, etc) of your home in relation to those properties
3.) making your property as appealing as possible to the potential buyers, so that it stands out and becomes a space they want to make their own.

When interviewing Realtors to list your home, ask yourself the following questions:
1.) Is this person a full-time Realtor and how long have they been working in the industry? You want someone who can answer questions about your property and be available for showing your property to potential clients. If a Realtor is only practicing real estate part time that might be hard to do.
2.) Is your agent experienced and knowledgeable about the market where your property is located?
You want a Realtor who know the current market trends, who knows the area, who can answer questions and provide information when asked, who is familiar with techniques for turning calls from drive-bys and open house prospects into viable clients. You want a Realtor who is familiar with the specific timeframes relevant to a sales contract as they are relevant to you, and someone who is comfortable and skilled in negotiating a contract to gain the most beneficial situation for you while keeping everyone on the same page, which is ultimately, closing the transaction.
3.) Does your agent know about and take advantage of all the electronic resources, social media and other marketing venues available to get the word out about your home being for sale?
4.) Does your agent have a network of coworkers and associates in the industry with whom to share information about your home? Is your agent one whom other Realtors trust and respect in the industry for their professional behavior and ethical practices?

Ultimately, you need to have a working relationship with a professional you feel comfortable with. Take the opportunity to talk with several Realtors, and ask them the questions mentioned above. When you find one that satisfies your needs in relation to marketing and ultimately negotiating the sale of your home, sign them up! And remember, you get what you pay for! Cutting the commission to save yourself a small amount of money isn't always the way to go ... a professional Realtor who knows the value of their services will be asking for compensation proportionate to what they are providing you.

That said, I'd be happy to discuss any part of the real estate process with you. Feel free to contact me via text/email/phone or social media. I've been licensed since 1997, I've lived in St Charles county since 1978, graduated from an Ofallon high school and LOVE my community. I think we have such tremendous offerings here in comparison to other suburban areas.

Teresa G. Wernimont, GRI
Web Reference:  http://www.turn2move.com
Sheila Worley, Agent, Saint Charles, MO
Sun May 26, 2013
You should start out with an agent who is knowledgeable with the St. Charles market trends.
Have the agent run a comparative market analysis to determine where your home sets value wise in relation to your surrounding neighbors. If there are any repairs you may want to go ahead and get a jump start. In todays market, your home will need to be priced right on the nose and in prestine condition or the buyers will move on to the next unfortunately. Your home may need some staging-decluttering as well and an experienced agent can guide you in the right direction. I am an experienced listing agent in the St. Charles County area and live in Ofallon myself :) I would be happy to drop by and give you my professional opinion.

Sheila Worley
ReMax Edge
636-299-1884

I am always happy to help!!
Steve Bright…, Agent, St Charles, MO
Tue Jun 18, 2013
There is a simple answer to that question:

If you want it to sell,
Call Brightwell :)
636-795-4956
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Mon May 27, 2013
Most Realtors will give you similar answers. The important thing is to determine your goals. When do you want to move by? Where do you want to move to? What do you need to do to make it happen and who is best suited to help you?

Part of that is determining the current value of your home (looking at it's location, amenities, condition, etc), part of it is determining where you want to position your home in the market place compared to the competition (keep in mind that a faster sale can sometimes net you more than holding out for a higher price since the sooner the home sells the sooner you stop paying mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities, maintenance, upkeep, etc) and then having someone who will realistically go through your home with you to help you determine what you need to do to your home before you put it on the market to maximize your net. It may be as simple as decluttering by starting your packing right away. It might be painting. It might be some simple home repairs, or having someone come through your home and help you tweak the staging of your home. Then look at how the different Realtors will market your home - what makes each one stand out, but more importantly, is how well they communicate and work with YOU and are willing to help you meet YOUR goals on YOUR timeline.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun May 26, 2013
Jrm,
I wrote a blog series called, "4 Keys to Selling your Home Quickly and for Top Dollar." Each Key is broken down in separate blogs you can get to from within the first one. The steps seem easy, but trust me, you need a great seasoned pro to obtain the best outcome.
Consider Sheila and other local agents who answer your question. The most important decision you'll make is which agent to work with. A great agent will be the first key to success.
Best of luck.
Web Reference:  http://actvra.in/Wkv