Will this sell for no less than $90,000?

Asked by Jeffrey Hunt, Oswego, IL Thu Nov 29, 2012

Just looking for a realtors insight as to whether they think our condo could sell for no less than $90,000?

http://www.redfin.com/IL/Naperville/1049-W-Ogden-Ave-60563/u…

Answers

4
Tamara Schus…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Yes, more than likely it will. Checking comps with your agent is the best way to get the answer you need with the facts to back it.

Tamara Schuster, Broker/Agent
http://www.BrokerOfNaperville.com
Ken Tracy, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Nov 29, 2012
It will more than likely sell for less than $90k. My question to you would be what would you take for the home today? From that answer, I would develop a strategy to get your home sold...
Call me with an answer at 630-697-0636...
Thanks!
Ken
Thanks Ken. $90,000 is the bare minimum as we will have to pay $10,000 out of our own pocket to sell at that price (and its as low as we can afford). Any lower and we won't have money to put down on a new house or be able to cover closing costs.
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
Charisse Mod…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Thu Nov 29, 2012
More than likely. Although it shows beautifully, this is the highest priced unit available. One sold within the last 6 months for $80,000 and was in comparable condition. Good luck!
I completely understand things from your prospective, unfortunately, an appraiser is not going to adjust to face value of upgrades. Most sellers I have worked with recently had to come to closing with money. A tough reality. You can sit and wait a little longer maybe Spring Market but I really don't see it happening. Add up what you'll be paying in assessments, mort and other expenses. Feel free to call me if you have any other questions. Best of luck!
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
I should have said--- More than likely will sell for less than 90K. :)
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
Thanks Charisse. As I mentioned to Marianne below, I think $90,000 is fairly attainable as those we are buying the units for $80,000 would still have to spend the same $10,000 we did to make the same upgrades (putting them at $90,000).
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
Marianne Hof…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Jeffrey,

I believe that your condo may sell for less than $90,000. There are two condos on the market currently listed for $79,900 and $82,450, respectively. The one condo that sold was for $80,000. I am sorry that you will be taking a loss.

Marianne Hofmann
Charles Rutenberg Realty
630-664-9472
http://www.mariannehofmann.com
mariannehofmann@att.net
Marianne, I don't think you are looking to closely at those "other" units. They are SEVERELY outdated. A unit below us just went under contract for $80,000 and has not been updated in quite some time. We've spent close to $10,000 (new wood floors, new carpet, new appliances, backsplash, new baseboards, new vanities, and all new paint) so you my reason for thinking we can get $90,000 is that "someone else" would be close to that number to do the work themselves. Who knows though....
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012