Why would somebody list their home in this market who doesn't need to sell?

Asked by Brent, Milwaukee, WI Wed Apr 9, 2008

These people usually ask to much for the property and them claim they don't need to sell. Why even bother in a market this sluggish?

Answers

2
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Apr 9, 2008
Brent,
Mary is correct. Don't always believe the hype in the media. Not all areas have had a decline. As a matter of fact many areas have not. The area I live in the Triad in NC has had a steady increase in property values and even a decrease in homes average days on market. So it is not all doom and gloom out here. As for sluggish I am anything but sluggish in my work load.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
Mary Muldown…, , 32082
Wed Apr 9, 2008
A person might not need to sell, but might want to sell. Not all markets have suffered price decreases or significant decreases anyway. If the person's market had price decreases and they had to take less for their home, but the home they were buying had a comparable decrease it would balance out. They would have the house they want to live it. Everyone would be happy.