Who pays for transfering the title, the seller or the buyer?

Asked by Danielle, Dearborn Heights, MI Thu Jun 12, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Laura Karamb…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Thu Jun 12, 2008
Ask your agent for a "Seller's Net Sheet" which will give you estimates on how much and what costs you incur when selling your home. This may include: marketing fee, attorney's fees, property taxes, title, local transfer stamps, etc..
1 vote
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Thu Jun 12, 2008

That would depend on the local customs in the area. However, regardless of the customs the majority of real estate purchase agreements specify who pays for what when it comes to transfering a title. I would call a local title/escrow company and ask the question of what is normal. Your real estate agent will be able to help you with what will take place in your current transaction. I hope that helps.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more