Who do you think is the most difficult bank to deal with, currently, on a short sale?

Asked by Chuck Wartman, Colorado Springs, CO Sun Sep 30, 2012

I used to be on the Bank of America haters bandwagon. Recently though, MET LIFE is topping my list of least fun to deal with. Look forward to your comments

Answers

6
Alan Lovitt, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Sep 30, 2012
The one you are working on.
Perfect answer!
Flag Mon Oct 1, 2012
Shelia, Home Owner, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Jan 20, 2013
not sure, most bank are about the same
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Isn't there a hotline for problems with BOA short sales? They don't just give those out, you have to earn it. BOA gets my vote.
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Chuck,

In my experience, the worst by far is Bank of America. Slow to respond, sloppy, asking for documents over and over that have been previously sent. Wells Fargo is also a nightmare to work with in most cases. Never had a deal with Met Life as the lender. Thanks for the headsup.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Sue Bigus, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Sep 30, 2012
I did an FHA preforeclosure sale with Bank of America and it went very well. Wish more agents would suggest this option to their clients with FHA loans.
Amy Simmons, , Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Sep 30, 2012
I recently had three short sales go through Wells Fargo and they were all nightmares. I have also worked with Bank of America and US Bank and they were not pleasant either. Perhaps no bank is easy to work with and I don't really understand that. We are working towards the same goal. If I as a Broker am doing my part, why are the banks always changing the rules? During my transactions, it seemed that there was always another document needed to be signed and it was usually the bank's fault that the document was not signed or a document was missing from the bank's file. I also love faxing or emailing documents 50 times before the bank finally says they have it. Nevermind that I have confirmation for every fax or email I sent to them.

Amy Simmons
Epic Real Estate Group