Kay, Both Buyer and Seller in Redondo Beach, CA

Which pocket or area has homes selling the fastest around South Bay, CA?

Asked by Kay, Redondo Beach, CA Mon Aug 22, 2011

And what price range of homes is selling the most or the fastest?

Answers

7
For most families the schools are the most important. I am located in West Torrance were homes go very quickly. It is close to the beach and convenient to shopping and freeway. There are a lot of original home owners that have been there from the start when the homes were built around 1955. Small town feel, very safe people do not want to move. The average price is between $ 500,000-650,000. West High is one of the most desirable High schools in the area with a 2005 Distinguished school award. Bert Lynn middle school has a great music program and was blue ribbon school in 2006 and a California Distinguished school. If you like any information please contact me.

Yvonne Zoon Realtor
Shorewood Realtors
Direct: 310-503-9666
Dear Kay,
Lower prices homes are in the highest demand. I would recommend you commit to a good buyer agent to assit you in locating the right property for your investment purposes.
Kay:

All the replies you received are correct. PRICE IS EVERYTHING IN THIS MARKET. But maybe your question is different than these Realtors are understanding? Are you asking what area of Torrance is most popular? Of course this question is highly subjective and we can all have different answers, but I will try to answer it. Torrance is a very popular City because of the Police Department, The Fire Department and because of the School District. To obtain the Torrance City Services, you must live west of Western. Western devides Torrance from the "L.A. City Strip" that connects Down-Town L.A. with the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. The "L.A. Strip" has a mailing address of Torrance, but you do not get the Torrance Police, Fire or Schools. Police and Fire Services ar the same in the entire City, but some people like one school better than the others. Torrance has Four main public High Schools, West High School and South High School seem to attract most people I work with. I do not know academically how they compare with each other, you may want to contact the Torrance Unified School District if this is a concern to you.
If you have any more questions, I would love to speak with you, I have lived and worked in Torrance since 1967 and I have been selling homes in Torrance since 1977.

Raul A. Ramirez

550 Deep Valley Dr. #359
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Cell Phone 310-808-8911
RaulRealtor@Live.com
Licensed since 1977
DRE-00629499
Hi Kay,

The homes that are priced at market (or below) and can compete with the reo's and short sales are selling quickly. Quickly in this market means within the first month.

As for the areas that are selling the fastest, I would say Manhattan Beach. Manhattan Beach currently has 44 homes in escrow and 71 sold in the last month!!

Granted the South Bay in general still has the pent of demand and buyers are looking.

The price ranges that are moving quickly is anything under $600k. The first time home buyer market is hot with tons of South Bay locals taking advantage of low interest rates and FHA loans. Grabbing on to their piece of paradise at the beach.

Hope this info is helpful.
:)
Homes in the 500K-600K range (entry level) are Most sought after.
South (Seaside, not soils section) and West Torrance (area between Sepulveda and Torrance).
Let me know if u have specific concerns I can address.
Jenna Christensen
CA DRE#01341901
Top Agent of the Year 2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010
310.920.9387
Info@cjenna.com
Hello Kay~

All of the areas in the South Bay have sales activity. The important selling factor is the price. Homes that are priced at market value, and are in good condition are selling fastest. Homes priced under 700K seem to be selling faster than the ones above that price point.

This is a great move up market if you are thinking of selling your current home and trading up. Please let me know if you'd like some recent sales activity sent to you. I can also give you more detailed information about the current market around us.

Warmest Regards,
Mary Claus & Allyce McAlarnis, Realtors
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
(310)529-6687
Mclaus1959@aol.com
2008, 2009 and 2010 Gold Top Team Award
http://WWW.Maryandallyce.com