Which is the best real estate company to work for in Florida?

Asked by imapilgrim2, Orlando, FL Wed Jul 22, 2009

Answers

19
Avi Maganda, Agent, Apopka, FL
Tue Jul 28, 2009
Dear fellow agent:

The answer is: "The one that fit your needs"
based on location, split commission, support, mentoring, referrals, etc.
ie: 100% commission of zero equals zero, 50% commission of a Million is Half of Million, there are also Big Names with Big Office fees and at the end of the day nothing matters, it is only you that make it happen!

Scott Garris…, Agent, Longwood, FL
Mon Aug 10, 2015
The "Best" Real Estate company is one that gives you the support you need; if you are newer and need lots of conversation and support from your office, go with a big name traditional company who will charge you a lot, up to 50%. If you are experienced and don't need the office support, more and more agents are going towards a low-cost company without a Brand Name, and that's the best for you. The Largest such company in Orlando is Charles Rutenburg Realty which has low fees yet no support.
As far as from the consumer angle, I've been with a smaller non-brand name company for 16 years, and I've found that most all of my clients don't know, don't care or even ask what the name of my company is- it's all about the personal service of the agent!
Scott Garris…, Agent, Longwood, FL
Mon Aug 10, 2015
Vincent Paige…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
REMAX Showcase has really been supportive and accelerated my business through the roof!

Highest and best regards,

Vincent Warren Paige, Jr.
REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Luxury Property Specialist
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail: vpaige1@yahoo.com
Tobias Kaiser…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Jun 22, 2010
I'm self-employed for 20 years, but I hear KW beoing recommended repeatedly because of their general structure. More important in my opinion though than the franchise seems how that specific office is run and how you coonect with the broker. You may want to post your question on the Florida Realtors Group on LinkedIn too to get a second opinion from there.

All the best and good luck,

Tobias Kaiser, MS, CIPS
Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Broker + Consultant
Certified International Property Specialist
Director, Realtors Commercial Alliance of Greater Fort Lauderdale
954.561.0066
Chris Sheedy, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Aug 13, 2015
Keller Williams has great training programs to get new agents started.
Kevin Johnson, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Jul 17, 2015
I may be biased but I love CENTURY 21 Roo Realty. The culture here is amazing and our broker has been in business for about 30-years! He is not a competing broker though does list REO properties and shares the buyer leads with the office (no referral fees). We also don't believe in transaction fees around here so we don't charge them! Lots of great training available, tons of resources, and everything is cloud based! If you want to know more, give me a call anytime at 321-250-5222.

Kevin Boudreaux
REALTOR
CENTURY 21 Roo Realty
Jenise Gato, Agent, Miramar, FL
Mon Jul 13, 2015
I still contemplate this very same question. I reside in South Florida and serve customers from Miami to the Palm Beaches. I'm currently specializing in New Construction but I feel I need a more cutting edge, big brand to back me up that will help with more lead generation. I was thinking about researching Coldwell Banker and Bershire Hathaway?? Anyone have personal experience with any of these brokers??
Check out The Listing House! Sounds like it could be the fresh, cutting-edge company that you are looking for. http://Www.jointhelistinghouse.com
Flag Mon Jan 16, 2017
Randy and Vi…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Sun Jul 13, 2014

That all depends on how much experience you have and what type of personality you are. If you are new to the business you should go with a brokerage that has a good mentoring program and a hands on broker that has regular sale meetings and willing to share real world examples. If you are not a strongly self disciplined person you will want to be in a in office atmosphere instead of one of the 100% commission companies that really give no guidance and structure.
what company would you refer for a new agent
Flag Wed Jul 29, 2015
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Jul 11, 2014
Most Florida realtors feel that the company they are presently working for represents the best company in the state. Hold that thought, it could easily change!

Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Fri Jul 11, 2014
One that meets your personal needs. Interview with several and see which is the best fit. I personally work for Re/Max and love it.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Jul 9, 2014
seriously?

resurrecting a FIVE year old question?
Obviously a timeless question, it could easily be asked today, what is your point?
Flag Mon Sep 21, 2015
Rgard, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Charles Rutenberg Realty IS THE BIGGEST REAL ESTATE COMPANY IN FLORIDA... AND THE BEST!!!..with 2800 agents.... And there is a reason they are #1.. So much to offer .. Brokers available 24/7 100% office.. You cant go wrong joining them.
Barbaramccar…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Dec 11, 2012
I want to find out, at first guess i would say Keller Williams
The K Company…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Jun 21, 2010
If you are in the Fort Lauderdale area check out The K Co. of Realtors. They have a nice botique style office and offer their agents tons of resources and leads. It's a smaller office, 15-30 agents, but it is like one big happy family. Great for experienced or new agents!
Web Reference:  http://www.thekco.net
Charlene Mel…, , Orlando, FL
Tue Jul 28, 2009
I agree with Marty, Keller Williams Realty is awesome. They have great agents, great training and an overall great business practices. My office is the Waterford Lakes office. We have over 100 great agents and an awesome team leader -- Beth Woodall -- give her a call you will like what you hear. 407-393-5901.

Charlene Melcher
407-242-4701
cmelcher@kw.com
Marty Kaiser, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 22, 2009

It depends on what part of Florida you will be living in. For either a brand new agent or a productive agent, Keller Williams offers in my opinion the best in training for a new agent and the best compensation package and profit sharing for a producing agent. I have owned two successful National Real Estate companies previously and my last one Century 21 in South Orlando was a highly successful and profitable one, which I sold in the early 2000's. However, the program that Century 21 offered in my opinion, pales to Keller Williams.

If you would like more information or have further questions, please give me a call.

Marty Kaiser
407-595-9700
marty@floridasells.com
Web Reference:  http://www.floridasells.com
Debbie Irons, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Looking in Central Florida? I would recommend looking into Orlando Classic Homes at http://www.myorlandoclassichomes.com. The name is new however the company ifsowned and operated by a broker with over 20 years experience and a director at Orlando Regional Realtor Association. We are geared towards giving "service beyond expectation" for the client and the agents keep their commissions! We are already one of the top 100 ranked company (top 6.3%) and the support is awesome. Feel free to give me a call at (407) 908-2890 or send me an email and I can give you more information. We have offices in Winter Park, Lake Mary and soon to be Lake Nona.
Deborah Beac…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Well, if you are looking to be on the southwest coast of Florida, there is no question that Michael Saunders & Company is the leading broker and a fantastic company !! With over 400 agents, we dominate the market in the Sarasota/Venice/Englewood/Bradenton areas, and the synergy among the agents is top knotch. The technology tools available to us are just mind-boggling. Michael Saunders and Drayton Saunders, our leaders, have made an unbelievable commitment to supporting our agents--in an ever-improving market we now find ourselves. Good luck with your search--Deborah Beacham, Longboat Key Office, MS&C
I had a bad experience with an agent Diane in Long boat key when I rented from her. The office as a whole was filled with not too nice woman. Look away.
Flag Fri Jan 16, 2015