Where to advertise OPEN HOUSE TODAY 2pm-4 on 9211 Riddlewood Lane (House for sale or lease)?

Asked by Seamae Erfani, Houston, TX Sat Mar 29, 2008

Thanks for your help....already on har.com is that enough?

Answers

6
Seamae Erfani, Home Seller, Houston, TX
Sat Mar 29, 2008
Does the medical center have it's own real estate periodical in which I could advertise? Thanks.
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Mar 31, 2008
The only downside that I can think of is if you deal directly with the potential buyers that they can sense your urgency to sell and that can hurt your negotiations. You can ask your agents to have a rookie agent from their office that is not too busy to hold the open house for them, you get the exposure and they may pick up a client or 2...

Other than that, there is never too much exposure when it comes to selling a house!!! Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.sumnerrealty.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Mar 31, 2008
You can also post on Realtor.com and the agent's website. Invite friends, co-workers, family, and the neighborhood. Open houses typically do not sell houses, with the exception to these types of influencers. Usually they're just good sources of business for realtors to pick up business in the area from both buyers and sellers. If you want to help your realtor, ask them what you can do to help. They may have lots of ideas. One thing is access to your workplace or other places you visit. Maybe you have access to an email list from your kids soccer team or you can pass out flyers at work. You only want to email blast if it is appropriate like you are good friends with everyone on the soccer team and you think they might help you sell your house. Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Seamae Erfani, Home Seller, Houston, TX
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Thanks for your help. We had 13 people show. Is that good? I do have a realtor. They are a very nice husband and wife team. They are so busy now though that I feel that I have to help them out if I can. I hope I am helping and not hurting their efforts. It's just that I want to know if the house will be sold or rented so that I can plan accordingly. We will have another Open House next weekend as well.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Mar 30, 2008
If you are trying to sell you home yourself during a busy time of the year when families are searching for homes to buy and real estate agents become "busier" few things you may want to take inconsideration
a) For Sale by Owner - you can be sued if you don't follow the laws of the State of Texas NO MATTER who is selling a property therefore it is best having a real estate agent represent you and list the property in the most used search engine MLS
b) There are flat fee listing agents that could list your home for sale for approx $795 would be posted in MLS, you would also fall under the listing agents e & o insurance therefore you are abiding by the laws of state of Texas with a professional working on your behalf.

These are only a few issues out of the 100's that my office receive when a seller trys to do a FSOB - for sale by owener then it is toooo late for a realtor to become involved the seller is getting sued.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Jillian Wils…, , Houston, TX
Sun Mar 30, 2008
How did the open house go? Yes, HAR is the main thing, but you may want to try to advertise to your neighbrs, co-workers, businesses you frequent, etc. It has been determined that your contacts are the best way to get good creditable leads. I am about to purchase a system that you could rent out for $20 per month. It will have a monitor with a recording about the house and when people pass by they will have a sign with a radio station to turn to to get details about the house. It would help to weed out your calls. Let me know if you are interested.

Jillian
RE/MAX FINE PROPERTIES
jillianwilson01@yahoo.com
281-642-9004