Where is the best place for a Well & Septic inspector to advertise?

Asked by Sheri A. Pellegrini, Saint Charles, IL Sat Aug 27, 2011

My friend is a former well and septic inspector for the County and previously worked as a septic planner for an installation company. He is highly qualified and starting an inspection business. Where is the best place to reach out to realtors for inspection referrals?

Answers

6
Sheri A. Pel…, , Saint Charles, IL
Mon Aug 29, 2011
Excellent suggestions! I will pass the information along to him. It's very kind of you to share your thoughts. Thank you!
Anthony Cava…, Agent, Jolier, IL
Sun Aug 28, 2011
I'd put my name online and also hand out stacks of brochures to real estate offices.
Marty Patrizi, Agent, Dover, NH
Sun Aug 28, 2011
Hi Sheri,

If you were looking for a septic inspector, where would you go? I know most people these days will Google it. Have your friend establish a Google/Places account. Its probably the cheapest and the competition isn't doing it. Networking with real estate outfits, the chamber of commmerce, and joining the local Board of Realtors as an affiliate are good too.
Web Reference:  http://martypatrizi.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sun Aug 28, 2011
Hi, I would make appts to visit all of the local real estate offices in the area in question. It's best to have a face to face otherwise your friend will just be another voice on the phone. Agents like to recommend people they trust and respect so building that relationship is crucial. Also think about the places home buyers and sellers go and advertise there!

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Web Reference:  http://raveis.com/chrispagli
Jerry Grodes…, Agent, LOda, IL
Sun Aug 28, 2011
Sheri,
Send info to the offices in the area you want to work with. There is also a Realtor fair in Oak Brook- at least once a year. Although, it normally doesn't have septic inspectors, it will put you in front of alot of agents. Sign companies, home warrenty companies, etc will be there as well. I think it is run by the board or the IAR. As a former trainer, agents will seek you out when they need you so you'll have to be visible.
Jeanne (Geni…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sat Aug 27, 2011
Hello Sheri, there are several ways to reach out to Realtors; here are a few, 1. Drop flyers to be distributed to each Realtor in several offices (some outside source specialize in getting advertising flyers to real estate offices), 2. Make a personalized flyer to email to as many realtors as possible, 3. Call individual office and ask permission to make a presentation at sales meeting. Do the presentation, pass flyers with information and pricing, answer individual questions, do a drawing with prize (example: a free inspection). I like #3 better, it is more personable, he gets to meet the Realtors, and a face to face is always better to establish relationships. Good luck to your friend. (I am sure you'll get some more suggestions).