Where is money best spent when remodeling a home?

Asked by Trulia Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL Thu Mar 14, 2013

Answers

10
Nicole Alvar…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
If you are trying to get the most return for your home than I would suggest to focus on an upgraded kitchen as well as updated bathrooms first. Hardwood flooring is also an investment that will most likely find appreciation from today's buyers. One thing to consider is the color/material choices. You don't necessarily have to fit the "cookie cutter" mold but trying to stay within the neutral color guidelines will always help in attracting a broader spectrum of customers if you decide to sell the home down the road. Happy remodeling!!
Nicole Alvarez, Realtor
Watson Realty Corp.
nicolesellsflorida@yahoo.com
904-899-3974
Sandra Scott, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Kitchen and Bathrooms.. They are costly, but buyers want updated kitchen and bathrooms.
Frank & Shar…, Agent, Fleming Island, FL
Sun Mar 17, 2013
My husband taught me even before I was in real estate that "kitchens and bathrooms sell houses." Definitely curb appeal is a MUST, but once inside, the kitchens and baths and a CLEAN and DECLUTTERED house are the priorities.

Hope this was helpful.

Sharon H. Alters
Team Alters
Coldwell Banker Vanguard
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Nina Harris, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Curb appeal, kitchen & bathrooms. Just make sure you don't over spend in remodeling these areas.
Hickory & Do…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Where is money BEST spent when remodeling a home? Glad you asked this question. I have seen owners put TONS of money into a home to "remodel" when what they REALLY needed was a session with Hickory and me to show them how they can use paint and decorating to achieve the most BANG for the BUCK. We can (without cost to you) show you how...and IF you should put money into your home. If you are "remodeling" to sell.....you may find out that DEEP CLEANING....and I mean DEEP....and some paint....some staging...and you have a "remodeled" home. DO NOT overspend!....Use cautiion......certain colors are better than others for a home....it is amazing what you can do with some elbow grease and some imagination. Contact us....we would love to help you make the most money in the least amount of time....with the least inconvenience to you! Donna (904) 732-PACK 732-7225 startpacking@comcast.net Donna and Hickory Delegal Oceanside Real Estate Note: We care!
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
I fail to understand how one invests 25,000 to get 15,000 back
Jason Brown, , Jacksonville, FL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Jason Brown
1st Class Home Inspections Plus
Northeast FL

Yes, kitchen is the 1st. There you will get the best return. 2nd Flooring. And a fresh paint job is always a good thing.

And once finished I would love to inspect the work to make sure you're getting what you paid for.
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Well, the question may be "if i put 25,000 in a house where do i put it and how much does it does the25,000 increase value" answer is you get about 50 to 75get cent on every dollar
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Well it may be a bit different for different ages of homes, different styles of homes, and different markets.
But in general for an older home where the kitchen and or the bathrooms are outdated bringing them
to current levels is very well spent money....

But there could be other areas that will make more sense for certain homes, like a new roof,
or shutters for a nicer curb appeal, or a fenced in yard and a little professional landscaping in the front.

What these days is very much look at with appreciation are new appliances and hardwood flooring....
So here you go, there may also be some homes where insulation, and new windows to save on
electricity may be a really reasonable remodel project.

And I always tell my clients Paint can do wonders!
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Rosina Eisen…, , Jacksonville, FL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Kitchen, bath and curb appeal. You do not get a second chance with a first impression. The Buyer will never see the beauty and comfort inside the home if the entry is not inviting. Kitchen and bath are where most time and energy are spent. Lots of money does not have to be spent to achieve the affect. Bright, and neat go a long way. I love staging and make sure the photos taken of the home bring Buyers in to see more, to touch, experience what could be their next home. Call me for more!