Where can I look up what real estate agents sold the most homes in the past 3 months?

Asked by MontanaHiker, Belgrade, MT Fri Jul 8, 2011

Answers

6
My NC Homes Team’s answer
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Interesting question, keep in mind that most home sales have two agents involved the listing agent whose job it is to market and promote your property and then assist you in negotiating the best possible deal that you can and finally seeing it successfully through to closing. Then there's the Buyer Broker who is representing the buyer’s interests, not yours. Some would argue the buyer broker is more important, some the listing agent.

My advice is to interview several agents. Ask them how long they've been in the business (considr 7 years a minimum requirement) Ask them how many transactions they closed last year and ask them to document it with a simple report from the MLS system. Ask them what their marketing plan entails, do they hire professional photographers and most importantly what about the Internet. You want to see that they have a strong Internet presence, both on Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, and their own websites. Ask if they blog. (You want one who does)

I've attached a link to a recent blog I posted here on Trulia about how to find a great agent, while it's more focused on Buyers there some good information for Sellers in it as well. Thanks for your question, you’ve just given me my next Blog topic.

I wish you all the best.
Natasha Kenn…, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Keep in mind that sometimes the cheaper product is not always the best. Besides just a number how many houses they have sold, you should also keep in mind how they price houses/ It's not a brainer to sell a ton of houses for a lower price. The quality of the service is important. Interview a couple agents.
Estelia Mesi…, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Fri Jul 8, 2011
You can always call the board of realtors and ask for a report.
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Fri Jul 8, 2011

It's a bit tricky to do it that way...at least on our MLS. You can check a specific agent's activity by asking the agent for a list of closed sales and look at the listings themselves to assure yourself.

If you are concerned about finding an experienced agent, you can call a local real estate office and talk to the managing broker, ask for a few referrals and interview them. Also spend some time here and on Active Rain and read some blogs to get a feel for a few agents, then talk with them and see what appeals to you.

Karen
Benjamin Per…, Agent,
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Not sure if there is a resource for that but i do know that Trulia has a list of recently sold homes and may have an agents name attached to that recent activity. I would search for recently sold homes and see if their is a agents name that comes up more often than others and may give you a good idea on who is a grade A agent. Best of luck!

Ben Perry Maxim LLC Realtors
419-905-7362
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Rather than worrying about who sold the most homes, consider interviewing in person a few agents from different realty comapnies then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer; keep in mind that in today's market pricing and marketing that maximizes exposure are paramount; if pricing isn't competitive, it doesn't matter who the agent is....