Where can I find statistics on the sales records of the agents in Frederick, MD?

Asked by Lisa, 21703 Tue Jul 15, 2008

We are considering sale of our townhome - if we go ahead we need a quick sale. I figure this is the window for people looking to move before school starts. Anyone reccomend a realtor? (no realtors, actual home sellers) Realtors who can verify their success will be welcomed.

Answers

7
Keith Sorem’s answer
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Lisa
There are many variables in the sale of a property. IMHO you want a Realtor who's number one priority and ability is to get the job done for you. Working with a "top" Realtor sometimes means being lost in the shuffle. I specialize in expired listings, and I cannot tell you how many times I hear :
THey never communicated, just took the listing, did one open house, that was it"

Your ability to interview Realtors is probably more effective for you than relying solely on a Realtor's numbers...if you can find them.
Kim Mills, Agent, Crofton, MD
Wed Jul 16, 2008
I do not work in your area, so I am not soliciting the business. However, I have been in the business for many years and have trained many new agents over time. I would like to remind you just because someone has a lot of signs in the area and boast they are number 1, does not mean they are the best agent for you. I have been the agent after some of the #1 agents (when the house did not sell) and sellers have told me how disappointed they were in the attention they received from the big agents. Sometimes it may be better to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond than a small fish in the big pond. I am not saying you don't want a productive agent, I am saying it is best to find the agent who has a plan to sell your home and you feel will work hard for you, someone who you can easily reach and makes you feel that your sale is important to them. Just my thoughts on the matter. Good luck to you in finding an agent that you will work well with.
Kim
Web Reference:  http://www.kimandrenie.com
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Wed Jul 16, 2008
lisa - call or email me tomrrow with the address. i can access the mls and run stats for you. vchrisner@kw.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Very good advice from Amanda. See which agents are most active in your neighborhood and the nearby (say 3 mile radius) area. Agents "farm" areas--some to get listings, some to sell listings. The agents who farm your area are the ones most likely to give you what you need.

So, Google "sell home 21703" and "buy home 21703" and see which agents pop up. Then literally drive around your neighborhood. See which agents already have a market presence. That'll tell you what you need to know.
Jim Bass, Agent, Frederick, MD
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Hello Lisa,

I am not aware of such a list; however I was recently retained by a seller who found my sales online - - she said, " the website showed you sell more homes In Frederick than anyone else", but she couldn't remember the website , , , I would love to know where she saw it :(

I do utilize some recruiting software which pulls county production, which provides the following data - - but first please allow me to introduce myself - - my name is Jim Bass, owner of Jim Bass Real Estate Group 2007 #1 Listing Team for Frederick County , co-owner of Real Estate Teams ( selling more homes in Frederick County since 2004), located along Carroll Creek in the largest building in Frederick City, Creekside Plaza ( co-owner also) where the new Green Turtle is located and I share all this information not impress you, but to impress upon you we do what it takes to remain successful in this market. My team averages over 100 home sales per year and our company is currently averaging over 50 homes sales per month.

All this said, we are most proud of the fact that we are 93% repeat and referral business ( treating people the way we want to be treated ) and the we have won several awards for our charitable contributions to the local community.

Please contact us for a FREE Pin Point Analysis of your home's value, as well as what it takes to get homes SOLD in today’s market!

Jim Bass,
Associate Broker/Owner, CRB, CRS, GRI, e-PRO
Licensed in Maryland and Pennsylvania
Jim Bass Real Estate Group
Real Estate Teams, LLC
Broker: 301-695-3020 Call: 301-644-2606
E-mail Jim@jbreg .com
Website: http://www.GreatTimetoBuy.com
voices member, , 21117
Tue Jul 15, 2008
Hi Lisa,

I don't typically work in Frederick either, but I do not live far from Frederick. The last 2 homes that I listed were in Dundalk and Owings Mills--two very different markets. I currently have another home listed in Owings Mills, that has been listed with me for about 2 weeks. The other 2 were both sold within 5 weeks of being listed, which is quite an accomplishment in this tough market. If you would like me to give you some more personal info, please feel free to contact me at LDevnew@cbmove.com. I would be happy to assist in any way I can!
Lisa Devnew
Amanda Lopez, Agent, Lutherville, MD
Tue Jul 15, 2008
I don't work in frederick, so i'm not soliciting, but my suggestion would be to look to see if there is an agents name that keeps popping up in your neighborhood that seems to do a lot of business there. That way they will be familiar with your particular market and you can probably get references from their past clients.

Are there any homes that are current;y for sale where you live? If there are and you want a quick sale, make your house look nicer and then price it lower than the competition.

Cheers,
Amanda