When my address says frisco then why isd is lewisville?

Asked by gona.gupta, 75034 Wed Jun 13, 2012

Is there any open school district in frisco.. Which can take kids with frisco address but with lewisville isd..

Answers

10
Chris Willia…, Agent, Frisco, TX
Wed Jun 13, 2012
The Lewisville ISD covers part of Frisco, namely Stonebriar, parts of Hilltop and Lakes on Legacy near Legacy and Lebanon, and parts of Heritage lakes. It is just the way things were set up. Look here for a map: http://proximityone.com/sd/48/m4827300.htm
Tx Chris...
Flag Wed Jun 13, 2012
Christopher…, Agent, The Colony, TX
Fri Jun 15, 2012
ISD and City names can be different based on where the district boundaries are drawn. I would be happy to email you a very detailed map of these boundaries if you would like. Just let me know!
Chris
972-800-7844
Stacy Long-De…, Agent, Sherman, TX
Wed Jun 13, 2012
On Frisco...specifically 75034...there are 2 school districts...Frisco and Lewisville

Rule of thumb is any home on The south side of Lebanon is Lewisville ISD with some exceptions

I would always confirm with the school district for many reasons
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Your Realtor should be reviewing all these particulars with you . Many communities in DFW area have city name as address BUT not their ISD

Highland Park = HPISD or Dallas ISD
Coppell = Coppell ISD or Carrollton ISD
Frisco = Frisco ISD or Lewisville ISD or Little Elm
North Dallas = Dallas ISD or Plano ISD

Why as an agent we instruct all of our clients to reconfirm ISD that particular property address is served by that ISD

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Jun 13, 2012
There are several school systems that serve the city of Frisco.
Frisco is served by Frisco, Lewisville, Prosper, and Little Elm school district that I know about. They may also touch Plano in a small section.

As far as open enrollment you would need to check directly with the school or school district that you would want your child to attend. In the past they were pretty strict on districting, but over the past year, many districts have changed their policy if they have space.

School districts do not always go by city boundries....they have different boundries. For example Lewisville ISD serves Lewisville, Frisco, Flower Mound, Highland Village, the Colony and perhaps some other cities as well.
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Gona,
A home can be located in Frisco but Lewisville ISD or home in McKinney but Allen ISD and so forth. So it is important that you do your research before you purchase a home and confirm which school it feeds to. Even information in the MLS is not 100% accurate. If you'd like to be in Frisco ISD but the home feeds to Lewisville ISD, you can call and ask to see whether they will allow your children going to Frisco ISD. They made some exceptions in Plano ISD before, not sure about Frisco or Lewisville. Your next best thing is to work with a realtor who can help.

Thanks!

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Thank you so much... Actually my husband has fallen in love with the house in frisco 75034 zip code ...this comes under lewisville isd.. Taking your advice .. Do u recommend me goin ahead with his decision...hicks is the only school I see in that area... Plz advice
Flag Wed Jun 13, 2012
Fern Johnson, Agent, Blue Ridge, GA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hi Gona,

Unfortunately, Frisco does not have an open school district. Before I advise my buying clients about purchasing a home, I make sure that the home is in the Frisco ISD because you will get better resale when you decide to move again.
As a former teacher and current substitute teacher in PISD, I am very aware of which schools are the best in the area. Give me a call if you need more details about schools or home values in the different neighborhoods.

Kindest Regards,
Fern Johnson
Keller Williams
214-683-8855
http://www.ccjohnsonrealty.com
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Sat Aug 17, 2013
My best advice is to contact Lewisville ISD and Frisco ISD; both will have the latest and greatest info and they may be able to let you know of any future zoning changes, if any.
Renee Toton, Agent, McKinney, TX
Wed Aug 14, 2013
I always hate this. I have never understood why the City name doesn't always mean that ISD. It just seems like it would be so much easier to have all Frisco go to Frisco ISD, and same for every city.

The great thing is that you are in a great area! Frisco's market is extremely hot right now, so even with Lewisville ISD you are in a great selling position.

If you would like a free market analysis, please email your address and I can put together a marketing package for you. Feel free to check out my recommendations on Trulia, and Linkdin. I treat all my clients like I would my family.

Have a great day!

Renee Toton
469-556-7054
Renee@TotonDevelopment.com
TotonSells.com
Kathy Hines…, Agent, Frisco, TX
Wed Dec 26, 2012
The ISD's and city schools can be very confusing. It is so important to know exactly what schools and ISD's are in question when searching for your home. I implore you to not just take the advice, please make sure. Schools can be so important when choosing a home. Call me if you have any questions.

Kathy Hines/ Broker
Keller Williams Dallas Preston

972-632-6530
Cities do not not determine the school district. School district boundaries are set by the state of Texas. That is why you may have several school districts located in one city. The individual school districts are then responsible for the distribution of students to the various schools located within the district. This is very difficult for the general public to understand. However, school ratings can change at various times...schools are as good as the administrators and teachers working at a particular location. Therefore, you may have some good schools within a poorer rated district, or there may a poorer rated school located with a fantastic district. Please call me if you would like additional information...Being a former educator, I see the immense value of good schools...as a REALTOR, I educate older students to make wise knowledgeable decisions concerning their Real Estate needs!
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013