What would you pay for 19 Roseville Rd Westport CT-why? To me, its not modern/but charming old house-small/narrow rooms with many twists and turns

Asked by Nancy Ronam Harington, Westport, CT Tue Feb 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3054352795-19-Roseville-Rd-We…

Answers

4
Jay Cooke, Agent, Newark, NJ
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Hi Nancy,

I've shown this house a number of times and love it. The problem is the floor plan. On the right side you walk directly into the kitchen family room, on the left side the rooms are small with the low ceilings. There is no garage.
If you are willing to do work, I think this could be really neat. I'd add a garage and better master. On the other side, I'd be tempted to open the living room and have a soaring space with the beams. The other side would then become a loft. Now I haven't checked with Town Hall to see that this is do-able. If I remember correctly, this is a probable short sale.
If you buy this house without a plan to make improvements or changes just remember how long it's been on the market and how hard it has been to find a buyer. Time will not alter the challenges of a future resale, change will.
Jay Cooke
Web Reference:  http://www.jaycookehomes.com
Jay, forgot to share one thought. If and when I know of anyone buying or selling-I'd refer them to you. Nancy.
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for a such a meaningful answer. Can I ask another please? A friend of mine was senior executive and got laid off. She is considering becoming a full time real estate agent. She doent know people in CT but has some idea. Intelligent, cultured. Any advice for her-what would it take? Wondering how soon can she get to a point where she could make 100 K annually? Thank you so very much again.
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Tom Kelley, Agent, Westport, CT
Tue Mar 5, 2013
Nancy,
it's getting close to a Land Grab at that price. Imagine getting in to the Westport School System under $500k
Linda Raymond, Agent, Southport, CT
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Hi Nancy,

I would be happy to run comparable sales and rental income analysis for you if you would like to work with me as your agent. You can learn more about me at about.me/linda.raymond.

Best Always,
Linda Raymond, Realtor
William Raveis Real Estate Mortgage & Insurance
2525 Post Road
Southport, CT 06890
203-912-4440
linda.raymond@raveis.com
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Bob, I would like to bid, 1 dollar.