What would be the reasons a real estate agent does NOT have a SUPRA?

Asked by lisa_keelor, Atlanta, GA Mon Jan 20, 2014

Add some detail about your question

Answers

14
Chuck Green, Agent, Norcross, GA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
One option that has not been mentioned is that the seller prefers appointment only, usually higher price points, and wants to be at home or see the purchasers when they come to view the home prior to walking down the street as they are viewing their home.
Web Reference:  http://chuckgreen.com
good call there Robert
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
That is a good point Chuck as to not using a lockbox - but I understand this question as why would an agent not have a Supra (key or lockbox) ?????
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
Donna Morris, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Expense. Besides having to pay a yearly fee The cost of supra electronic lockboxes is about $100 each. Though they are expensive I would never use anything else. Unfortunately Realtors have been known to give clients the combination to regular lockboxes. This is not only irresponsible but it is lazy as well. If I was Selling my Home I would insist on my realtor using an electronic lockbox. Only licensed Realtor have access and Each time someone enters a property. The time of entry, Agents identification is recorded.
Bev West, Agent, Greeley, CO
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Depends on the area. I still prefer the regular lockbox.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Jan 28, 2014
They are an additional yearly expense. Can't think of any other reason.
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Lisa,

Contact me to discuss your situation - and no, I do not want to list your home - it is likely way too late for playing around with any SS agent.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Lisa,
What a tragic shame.
A specialist would have had a contract in place on day one.
A specialist would have had a back up in place the end of week one.
A specialist would have had a list of buyers to call when the short sale process creates the casualties that always occurs.
-
What you have Lisa, is NOT a specialist.
They may have purchased the CDPE letters, but those letters are available for every agent to buy.
-
It's may be too late.
Send out a APB to have an real short sale expert to contact you and knows exactly what I am talking about in regards to what a true specialist can deliver. This specialist may be able to implement delay tactics that will be beneficial.
-
NOTE: Do Not Engage an Attorney who advertises as a 'Save your home specialist." Their end game is not the same as yours. Work only with the real estate company and agent that knows their stuff and has the resources.
-
Now, I can not help but think there is more to the story. Is the home priced sufficiently BELOW market value?
-
Post another question here on Trulia with a head line similar to: "SHORT SALE EXPERT DESPERATELY NEEDED in ATLANTA!" Then don't be shy....include your contact information. Time is not your friend.

Best of success.
lisa_keelor, Home Seller, Atlanta, GA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Thank you everyone for your prompt responses. I wish I had better representation during this difficult time in my life. Unfortunately, I engaged the services of a short sale so called 'specialist'. He would never show the home, fought me on an open house & then sent someone else, would never list my home in his inventory of homes for sale on his web page, took way too long to bring a sign out to the house & passed me off to his assistant. My house is due to be auctioned on Feb 4th. I've had a parade of lookers, kept the house immaculate & available to show. I'm beyond bewildered. I feel he's been steering my home to foreclosure so he can buy it for himself or one of his friends. It's a funny feeling & I can't shake it.
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
In Atlanta, there is no good reason for an agent actively representing buyers or sellers to not have a Supra key, and an assortment of lockboxes ready to go.

A licensee in an assistant role, who may not operate in the field, can always borrow someone's key if they need to go to the field.

Otherwise, licensees who only represent a small portfolio of clients may not need a Supra key.
Richard Burt…, Other Pro, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
I know of a lot of Realtor's selling lower end homes that use contractor lock boxes to save money and that is a big mistake. If you are showing a home and cannot get in touch with the Realtor for the code, you cant show the property.

How do I know that :)
Tondaleya Ca…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Is your agent new? It could be they have not paid the fee to have access to open the supra lockbox. If they don't have Supra Lockbox to place on a property it depends on the value of the home as previously stated. Suprakey or Supra lockbox is a valuable tool for a real estate agent towards them being successful. You want an agent that is prepared.
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
In Metro Atlanta most all Brokerages use Supra iBoxes on their listings to track who enters a home and when. The exception is distressed asset brokers - they like the little punch a code type boxes because they are only $29 each instead of $109 each. I would never place that on an occupied or nicer home - except to allow a certain vendor or contractor in - with the owners permission.
Sherry Mezze…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Supra key or Supra lockbox?
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Hi Lisa,
There would really be no way for an active Real Estate Agent to conduct business without a SUPRA. It is a cost, so maybe they did not pay for their fee.

If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
as always great reply Rodney Mason
Flag Mon Jan 20, 2014
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Lisa,
Various key systems are used around the country, but we use Supra keys and lock boxes in my area and the only reason an agent wouldn't have one is they didn't pay for it. It's a cost of doing business. Keyboxes are around $100 each new (last I checked) and the ActiveKeys or Key Fobs that work with certain cell phones are available on a lease basis. As a Broker/Agent, I couldn't conduct business without it.
It could also be they lost the privilege due to some rules violation. I'm not allowed to let anyone else use mine, even my wife who is also a licensed broker.
Does this help? Maybe some local agents know more about the system in your area.