What title company do you recommend?

Asked by Ntfeldman, Tampa, FL Fri Jul 27, 2007

I'm looking for great service and competitive fees in the Pinellas County area. Who do you recommend?

Answers

10
Ntfeldman, , Tampa, FL
Thu Oct 2, 2008
Great question Diana - glad to know someone is reading my profile - I am now, I wasn't when that question was posted a mere 14 months ago! Lots of good feedback on the market and I was shopping for a firm to buy.

We underwrite with Chicago Title and I purchased the company as a going concern with a 5 year track record or servicing happy clients.

So I'm going to strongly recommend my own firm to those who have posted here - Precision Title of Florida (727) 530-1600 - ask for Patti the office manager - she will take great care of you.
Web Reference:  http://www.cap-realty.com
Diana Green, , Florida
Wed Oct 1, 2008
Aren't you a title agent?
Cathy Lang Mb, , Madeira Beach, FL
Wed Jan 30, 2008
Highly Recommend Suncoast Title of Clearwater, Inc. These gals have been in the business for over 20 years. They have seen it all and know exactly how to get the job done correctly. they go an extra mile for their customers. Call them at 727-362-0098 , fax 727-362-0232, guarantee you won't be disappointed !!!
SM, , Lakeland, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2008
I have worked with a ton of title companies throughout Pinellas County and the Fidelity National Title office in Belleair Bluffs is the best for me. My closer is Nancy Bradshaw and she is awesome! Her office bends over backwards to help my customers. Also, they have offices throughout the country and can do closings anywhere.
Loretta Buck…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Sep 25, 2007
I've recently been shopping for a good title company myself, and I think I've found a great one--Anclote Title in Tarpon Springs. I've used many different title services in my years of Real Estate, but the service and attention to detail that I have received thus far at Anclote are wonderful. As an independent Realtor I have found that the level of service to myself and my clients is of the utmost concern.
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Sun Sep 23, 2007
Why... Fidelity National Title... of course...
Cyndee & Jack…, Agent, Seminole, FL
Sun Sep 23, 2007
My husband and I live and work in Clearwater Florida. Since you asked, we prefer to work with a title attorney and have had great experiences with James Lampathakis - he has an office on Clearwater Beach, one in downtown Dunedin and I believe one in Pasco county and can also actually travel to where ever you are or want to be. I have found his fees to be fair and his service outstanding. The reason I prefer a title attorney over a title company when someone asks is because if problems with the title arise - that's who is going to be able to handle them and he's already intimately aware of the situation so we can move more smoothly towards closing. I also have found that sellers are more comfortable when problems arise working with someone they already have built trust and confidence with - so they don't have to get someone new involved.
Just a note - all counties in Florida do not operate the same - for example in Pinellas County where Clearwater is located it is customary for the Seller to choose the Title company however in South Florida it is customary for the Buyer to get to choose. While everyone always has a choice - Buyer or Seller - it is the most cost effective to go with the recommendation of the one who has chosen.
We work with a lot of Buyers and I make sure they know that they can always choose who represents them - it's just a matter of money. And finally - you asked for my recommendation, however, it's important to know that we are not tied to any one title company like many real estate companies - we always put our clients wishes and desires first - if they are comfortable using people we recommend great - if they have their own preference - we always respect that. Hope that helps!
Ellen Chung, , San Mateo, CA
Thu Aug 2, 2007
I'm located in San Mateo, CA, a little far away from Florida but hopefully my response helps you in some way! My experiences with First American Title has always almost been stellar -- if you are open to working with someone that is not near you and is located in California, I have a great escrow agent, Dottie Peterson in Fremont or Siu Lee in San Francisco, both work for First American. They're also more affordable and the value they offer for their rates are infinitely better than the other title companies I've worked with including Old Republic, Stewart, Chicago, Alliance, etc. Hope this helped!
Web Reference:  http://www.simpluxe.com
Irina Netcha…, Agent, San Marino, CA
Sun Jul 29, 2007
I work in Pasadena, CA. We have a lot of title companies and reps. All of them offer pretty much similar services, but the title reps are very different. I work with Eric Maurer of Chicago Title. His customer service skills are outstanding and fees are very competitive.
Jennifer Mon…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Jul 27, 2007
I'm devoted to the incredible service I receive EVERY TIME from First American Title Company. I'm pretty certain they're nationwide, but check locally to be certain.
Web Reference:  http://jenniferspdxhomes.com