What suggestions would you give to someone who is contemplating selling a summer rental property at the Jersey Shore?

Asked by Donna Kelly, Warren, NJ Thu Jul 21, 2011

What months are the best to sell a summer property? Are Open Houses the way to go? How are vacation homes selling in Seaside Heights? Seaside Park?

Answers

5
Bruce Waller, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Thu Jul 21, 2011
I agree with Michele, she hit it right on.
Michele DeVi…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Mar-Sept best months I think. I am not a fan of open houses but if you need leads then yes do them. Market is slow but sales are present, and everything boils down to price. There are cash buyers out there as well as investor purchases and look for deals with a positive cash flow for investments. Seaside Park is always a more desirable area but Seaside Heights has the history for demand on seasonal rentals. There is also a call for winter rentals in the area as well, so it all boils down to price and what the property has to offer......if you need a referral Agent I can offer 30%......
Janardan "Re…, Agent, Fort Lee, NJ
Tue Oct 8, 2013
June thru August is the best time to sell properties at the beach
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Warren, NJ
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Hi Donna! Can't comment specifically on Seaside Heights or Seaside Park, but more generally, do agree that selling when the maximum number of beachcombers are present - and as in any market, price smartly.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Ronald Shaff…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Mon Aug 1, 2011
The first answer by Michelle is excellent . Regarding the open house possibilities, I have had success on Barrier Island with impromptu open houses when it is raining. A lot of the tourists are looking for something to do when the weather gets bad and I have sold more than one using this tactic. Best of luck to you.