Home Selling in Wallingford>Question Details

G. R., Home Seller in Wallingford, CT

What should price range be for the property at 19 Oak st. Yalesville section of Wallingford, CT?

Asked by G. R., Wallingford, CT Wed Jul 8, 2009

We paid 205,000 for it 5 years ago. Realise the climate has changed. Have added a deck and updated electric service.

Hi G.R., It is great that you have upgraded your electrical and added a deck... both are wonderful upgrades! Buyers like to know the 'mechanics' of a home they may consider buying, are up to date. It translates to a buyer that you ( the seller) have taken good care of your home and it is safe...that is a plus. A deck is always a wonderful selling point. It draws buyers out side where they can imagine themselves entertaining friends and family...another plus! That being said, those upgrades along with the expected growth in real estate values over time would have certainly helped increase the value of your home. However, in this real estate market, which is a 'down market' those upgrades will only help sell your home faster ( which is ideal). The value of your home will most likely be down 10%-12% from your original purchase price in the peak of 2006. I know that is a tough nut to swallow but that is the reality of today's market.
Another reality is that buyers are still buying and sellers are still selling! If you sell your home now for less than what you would have gotten 5 or 6 years ago and you plan on buying again ...it will be a wash because you as a buyer will get an amazing bargin on the 'buy' side! If you still have questions give me a call (203-640-1372) and I would happy to answer any other questions you may have. Thanks and good luck! Mary Edeen, Realtor for Calcagni Associates
The home selling climate has definitely changed from 2005 but you may be surprised at what your home is worth in today's market. Since I live and work in Wallingford you won't find a bigger cheerleader of this town. I would be happy to give you an honest and realistic estimate of what your home would sell for in today's market. You can contact me directly at 203-980-6886 and we can schedule something at your convenience.
There are many factors that go into pricing a house. What you paid 5 years ago is not important. What is important is the interior condition, how updated are the kitchen and baths, and as always the location.
The only way to determine the true value of a house is to do an interior inspection. I would be glad to give you an accurate opinion of value, at no cost or obligation to you.

Joanne Hale (are we related?)
RE/MAX Schoolside REALTORS of Cheshire
203-272-0890 x105
Hello G.R.

I would be glad to do a market analysis on your home. There is no charge and obligation. I would need to view the property records and see your home as well. Please let me know when would be a good time to meet.

John Perriello
Century 21 Access America