What's the average cost that I should expect for a home inspection in the Denver area 2572 sq,1450 basement?

Asked by Fryguy, Highlands Ranch, CO Sun Feb 10, 2008

Answers

20
The Dixon Gr…, Agent, Denver, CO
Fri Jul 19, 2013
$300-400 sounds about right, however i would make sure the inspector can be relied on and trusted. Your agent doesn't have an inspector they would recommend to you?

Team PowerHouse Denver
don't ever use your realtors buddy inspector, price? I'd worry about the rip off real estate fees.
Flag Mon May 16, 2016
don't ever use your realtor buddy inspectors, price? how about the rip off prices of REALTORS , FOR DOING NOTHING.
Flag Mon May 16, 2016
Kevin Hays, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Like most of the answers on here your price should be 300-400. I always recomend http://www.ashi.com to select your inspector. Inspectors on ashi have to meet very high standards to be on this site. Check it out when you have a chance.
Web Reference:  http://www.ashi.com
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Hi Fryguy -- depending on the age of the home, somewhere between 350-500. If the home has a basement, I would highly recommend paying another $100 to test for radon. Finally, if the home is located on a lot with large trees, doing a sewer "scope" could save you $10K-$15K if you encounter problems after the fact. Hope that helps ... I you need names of good, honest people who do this work, please let me know. Good luck! Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., Denver, CO 303-906-3150, email:juliemontgomery@remax.net
Joey.b, Home Buyer, Highlands Ranch, CO
Sun Sep 25, 2016
better yet does your internet "certified" international inspector know anything . yup a 30 minute test on the web and you certified.
Lisa Ransford, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Sun Aug 28, 2016
I paid $300 earlier this week and would like to recommend Fred at A Buyers Choice Home Inspections in the Metro Denver area. He was on time, professional and thorough - extremely thorough. He went through each line item with me and explained them in language that I could understand.
Lisa Ransford, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Sun Aug 28, 2016
I'd just like to give a plug for Fred at A Buyers Choice in the Metro Denver area. He was on time, thorough and professional. His cost was $300 for a condo but might be slightly more for a home.
Michael Kozl…, Agent, Englewood, CO
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Make sure to also consider some additional services to cover all of your bases as well.:

- Sewer scope
- Radon test
- Sprinkler inspection
- HVAC inspection
A roof certification estimate is also another good idea which you can usually get for free.
Flag Sat Feb 21, 2015
Randy Stoker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Fri Jul 4, 2014
The average cost of home inspection for a 2500 sf house in Yuba City is $495.00
Kevin Campbe…, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Fri Jul 4, 2014
I am a certified home inspector and work for myself. I would be right at $ 300.00 dollars.'' Home Stretch Inspections'' is a great way to get started!
Belinda Spil…, Agent, Denver, CO
Sat Feb 26, 2011
There are many great home inspectors in Denver. Your realtor should give you 3 names which you could call or you can always go to the board of realtors and look at their affiliate list. We belong the the Aurora Board of Realtors and they have all of their affiliates listed on their website.
Randy Tickle, , Highlands Ranch, CO
Wed Feb 23, 2011
$300-500 depending on the extent of the service, many buyers also ask for a radon check. Remember to use a certified inspector. One source of inspectors for HR is http://www.smdra.com, the loacl board of Realtors.
Your Realtor should also have a list of inspectors to choose from, cheapest is not always the best.
Kathryn Carl…, Agent, Conifer, CO
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Greetings: Every Home Inspector charges a different amount, including trip charges these days.

I would contact 3 Home Inspectors-- and compare prices and references.

You can contact the BBB, or Service Magic online.

All the best, Kathryn
Web Reference:  http://DenverHomeLiving.com
Bob Costello, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Tue Jan 6, 2009
In general, I do not usually see too many 'problems' with the inspections in Highlands Ranch Homes. (dirty carpets, homeowner improvement issues, etc.) One thing the inspectors never know about are the various lawsuits and settlements that have happened over the past 10 years. Richmond Homes have problems with roof deteriotion - they made settelements with the original owners - but will NOT work with second owners.
There was also a big siding settlement. I personally got $7000- from the settlement fund...but most of my neighbors don;t know about it.
A good local Realtor will know about most of these.
Sara Gerber, , 80129
Tue Apr 22, 2008
For a General Home inspection around $300 to $350.00. Any specialized services that you add on or require such as Radon will increase the price. Many specialty inspectors also exist for Mold, structural issues, furnaces etc. My advise would be to make sure that the inspections services that you use are bonded and insured, and are members of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) , that set forth education standards, experience, and standards of practice.
David Elson, , 80104
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Beware of any de/re-winterization fees from the seller/bank if it is vacant. I use an inspector that pressurizes the lines which detects leaks w/o having the water turned on.

David Elson
Metro Brokers DTC
303.745.5555
Web Reference:  http://www.davidelson.com
Kathryn Carl…, Agent, Conifer, CO
Sat Apr 12, 2008
Buyer: Every Home Inspector has his/her own fees for home inspections. I would contact 3-- and compare. If you want to work with a particular inspector-- see if he/she can match a price you were quoted by another. Price depends on square footage of the home, lender owned or not-- and sometimes-- distance to the subject.
Cyrus Green, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Thu Feb 21, 2008
If you are not RADON MITIGATED you should have the 24 or 48 hour test. It's about another $100 but worth it, as RADON it the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer.

Most inspectors are offering this.

Cheers!
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Sun Feb 10, 2008
I would say about$350 to $400 depending on who you use. Make sure you get a qualified Inspector.
Jim Welden, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Fryguy - Is the basement finished? If so, you will typically pay more. $300-$500 is fairly common for a home of that size not counting the basement - I would get someone who is fairly thorough and comes highly recommended - it will probably take 3 hours and you should attend the entire inspection. I would recommend completing a radon test, a sewer line scope, and a mold assessment (if there has been any water damage or if you have any family members with any type of respiratory issues) in addition to the inspection - all of these will cost additional fees and will take some time to schedule/complete so do not delay in ordering - also, if there has been a cat or dog in the home, you may want to do a blacklight test at night to see what the carpet looks like - keep in mind every home has some issues (if it is a new home, you can typically get the builder to cover most if not all of them) - Highlands Ranch is a nice community - good luck with your purchase.
Kurt Thomas, , 81501
Sun Feb 10, 2008
I recently paid $350 for an inspection on a similiar home. Look for an inspecter that will warranty the appliances and such for 90 days after inspection. Nice little perk to get.
Web Reference:  http://www.loomisteamusa.com
Good luck finding an inspector that will warranty anything on the house you are buying.. Mostly they have a hold harmless clause and if something comes up that was missed the most you can get from them is their fee refunded. Just sayin
Flag Tue Oct 27, 2015