Home Selling in Key West>Question Details

Elizabeth Bi…, Real Estate Pro in Key West, FL

What qualities do buyers look for in a buyers agent?

Asked by Elizabeth Birmingham, Key West, FL Sun Jun 19, 2011

LOL... it's like asking someone... what qualities are you looking for in a mate? Everyone is different and everyone has their own set of ideals. Question is... What qualitites are YOU looking for in a buyer's agent? I have had deaf clients and what was most important to them was being able to communicate!

Great question and any buyer in today's market should be asking questions which will ultimately lead them to working with a Realtor® who only has their very best interests at heart; not only by locating the right home but also has the skills to negotiate the absolute best pricing and terms.

They should not only expect, but demand, that their agent provides timely and detailed information as it is crucial to their success in meeting their goals. I always suggest buyers make a few test "calls" to agents they are considering working with to see just how easy they are to reach which is critical when shopping for a home. Their agent should be able to recommend a price to offer on any property and provide sound reasoning as to why that price is valid and also should communicate that to the listing agent in an effective way.

A professional Realtor® should be able to help the client come up with a clear description of what they are trying to accomplish and put together a "snapshot" of what their perfect home looks like and what areas to concentrate. Their lifestyle, location preference, budget for association fees and a variety of other factors come into play.

A few recommendations I also make; I would tell them to not sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie them up and ensure any transaction they make will only be through them. They should find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet their expectations they will lose their business. This form could tie them into using a specific agent no matter what you they do so they need to be very careful. Second, they should never call a listing agent about a property they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent them from working out the best deal. Finally, I would recommend they interview at least three qualified agents to assist them and select one they know will have their best interests as their primary goal. If they go through the proper process they will know they have a great agent who will take very good care of them.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
In my experience as a full time Buyer Specialist, buyers want an agent that is experienced enough in their local markets to guide them, and accurately advise them. They also want an agent that knows how to shut up and listen to what their needs and problems are, so that they can work together to find a solution.
The ability to work with the client instead of for the client.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com