What is the #1 quality you are looking for in an agent you are interviewing to sell your home?

Asked by Greg Broadbent, Mystic, CT Sun Mar 2, 2014

Answers

4
Greg Broadbe…, Agent, Mystic, CT
Mon Mar 3, 2014
My answer would be TRUST! If I don't trust my clients and my clients don't trust that I am going to do everything I show them in a listing appointment, than it doesn't matter if I have "The Best Marketing" "The most Sales" "The most local knowledge". They need to trust that I am a local expert. We need good dialog with the seller so that we can in fact sell the home for the most money in the shortest period of time.
Hank Wilson, Agent, Bowling Green, KY
Mon Mar 3, 2014
I am a firm believer in showing that you bring something different to the table than all of the other agents. Compatibility does matter, but there are so many that can be compatible with a seller. You must show why you are different.
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sun Mar 2, 2014
Well, most sellers I talk to, seem to be most interested in whether I can sell their home fast for the highest price! The fact of the matter however, is that there are so many variables that it's hard to come up with a set formula for success. I do agree with the importance of having a compatible relationship, because especially when you get into any negotiations, it really helps to know your client trusts your logic and opinions.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Mar 2, 2014
Since the seller and their agent work hand-in-hand toward selling a home it is my opinion that "compatibility" with the agent should be very high on the list of priorities.