What is the number one thing that Sellers are looking for in a Real Estate Agent/Broker?

Asked by Karen Pawlak, Arlington Heights, IL Fri Jan 28, 2011

I am revamping my business, and trying to be the best agent for my client. I would love some feedback from the sellers that are currently out there.

Answers

7
Annie Snipes, , 23230
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Karen,

In this market we have been experiencing tremendous growth because of two areas that we have been focusing our business since the downturn. Property Management and Short Sales. Sellers who can't sell, but HAVE to move, literally have two good options. Rent out the house or negotiate a short sale with the bank. The third option of foreclosure is terrible. Now many of the properties that we Rented out and Managed are starting to sell, so it's been a great approach our market.
Mike Halm, Agent, Palatine, IL
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Clients want an agent that actively "listens" to their needs, requirements, and works within their financial
means. They want someone who knows the market area and can direct them to quality properties at a
compelling price point according to their requirements.
Jim McCowan, Agent, Arlington, VA
Fri Jan 28, 2011
The ability to think outside the box when it comes to marketing.
Chuck Page, , Palatine, IL
Fri Jan 28, 2011
The number one thing today's Sellers are looking for is "knowledge". It is a complex time to buy or sell a home. Many changes in the lending process, changes in the HUD plus navigating the short sale and forclosure markets. Plus the need to utilize all the tools of the internet to successfully find a buyer. It takes continuous education and training. This is why "knowledge" is key.
Rick Jackson, Agent, Norman, OK
Fri Jan 28, 2011
I think it depends on the seller. Some don't appreciate honesty and will find a Realtor that will tell them what they want hear. Let them go. Others seam to be uncomfortable with Real Estate terminology and may want more time to understand it, or move forward and hear less.
Sure marketing skills, honesty, knowledge, and professionalism are all desired by anyone selling a property. Communication is at the top of my list. Giving your sellers the same respect you would your best friend would sum it up as far as my answer goes. Like one of the other answers stated, treat them as you would want to be treated.
Mark Sivek, Agent, Henderson, NV
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Treat the seller the same way you would want to be treated if you were the seller!

Professionalism is the umbrella that covers knowledge, marketing, honesty, and probably most important the highest level of communication with your seller. The seller should never have to ask whats happening with their listing, because you have already called them. Yes call them not email or texted them. Call them or stop by and see them. Remember the are very anxious. Contact from you eliminates some of the anxiety.
Linda Dressl…, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Fri Jan 28, 2011
I would say honesty, even when it hurts to tell the truth. Shows your integrity to the client. If they don't want the truth, they can move on to another agent ~ and you can feel good about your decision to 'say it like it is' withing professional reason of course, no regrets!