Home Selling in Great Falls>Question Details

Nels Hollo, Home Seller in Kalispell, MT

What is the normal commission for selling a small farm in Montana?

Asked by Nels Hollo, Kalispell, MT Sat Aug 13, 2011

Answers

5
Melaine Loy’s answer
Hello Nels,

6% however you may find it differs slightly with each agent so you should call around and find the one you think fits you most. Remember, Asking an agent to reduce commission is like asking you to take money out of your paycheck.. Thanks and please give me a call if you have further questions.

Melaine Loy
Broker/Owner Real Estate Salutions of Great Falls
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
Commissions are always NEGOTIABLE!!! There is a standard we all would like to get, but truth is, it is what you and the Real Estate Broker decided. What the Realtor will List it for and what the Seller will sell it for have to meet.
All commissions are negotiable. "Average" commissions vary by region. Be sure to research the company you pick... how much exposure will you be getting, photos, average days on the market, etc. Is the company a member of an MLS? Remember, in most cases, you get what you pay for... less doesn't necessarily translate into better!
6.5-7% for a property this size
Nels,

It depends on many factors. You really should get with an agent and discuss your particular situation and come up with a marketing plan to get your property sold. You may also want to take into account other factors such as capital gains tax.

If I can be of any assistance, please contact me.