What is the market like right now for homes under $175,000 in the Town Creek Park/Wrights Mill Road area? Preparing to put my house up soon.

Asked by Carolyn, Auburn, AL Sun Jan 16, 2011

1957 Ranch home, 1500 square feet, double lot, new HVAC, new insulation in attic, replumbed, 1 mile from Samford, walking distance from Wright's Mill Road/Town Creek park. Looking to put it on the market in March/April. First time home seller.

Answers

5
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Ashley Miller, Agent, Auburn, AL
Thu Jan 27, 2011
Hi Carolyn- These guys have given some good advice. Right now in Auburn things are picking up. Being in a price point where you are makes your home more marketable than most. The condition is very important and updated in an older home. The best thing to do is to run numbers of recent comps. If you need any more information feel free to contact me or check out my website. Have a great day!

Thanks-
Ashley Miller
RE/MAX Professional Partners
334-332-8328
Web Reference:  http://www.ashleydmiller.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Jan 16, 2011
Great to start to prep a home for sale prior listing then TRYING to get all everything together.

Keep in mind you can have the perfect home perfect floor plan perfect curb appeal sits on the market for years. Then have a ugly home horrible everything has bidding wars.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Ellen Faurot, Agent, Auburn, AL
Sun Jan 16, 2011
I have had more showings on my listings in all price ranges since Christmas than in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I believe that we will see more sales this year than in 2010. Your location is very desirable and in real estate, the old saying about the 3 most important things is "location, location, location." Make any needed repairs that you can, declutter (you have to pack things up to move them anyway) and depersonalize (so that potential buyers can feel more at home in your house) and keep the home as neat and attractive as you can while it's on the market. Historically, it seems that March is a good time to list since people like to move during the summer break of school and they begin looking then. You'll want to price your home appropriately and a Realtor can help you with this. Surveys have shown that homes sold by Realtors generally bring the home seller higher net proceeds than those sold by owner. Auburn has a very large number of highly capable Realtors who will do a good job for you. I believe that I am one of those Realtors and would be pleased to meet with you to discuss the possibility of listing your home.
Scott Langley, Agent, Auburn, AL
Sun Jan 16, 2011
Hey Carolyn, you are in a very desired area of Auburn. My team will be available over the next few weeks and would like to see your home and present you with a CMA letting you know where your home stands in the market. We would also like to give you the knowledge to prepare yourself for the process of selling a home as well as getting your home ready for the market. If you are interested please send my team an email to ScottELangley@remax.net
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottELangley.com