What is the market like for selling a home in Roeland Park, KS..market time, are home prices depreciating?

Asked by Jo, Sun Jul 27, 2008

Answers

4
Dan and Elise…, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Wed May 4, 2011
Jo I can help you- and answer your question with concrete data- please call me 913-207-6443 Dan Thomson
or email me dthomson@remax.net
David Van Noy, Agent, Leawood, KS
Thu Jul 31, 2008
I was going through some statistics on showings in the area as well as sales vs. sales price. I have pdf files of alot of the areas as well. If you let me know which ones you would like to look at i.e. neighborhoods you are focusing on I would be happy to put some time into it and send you the Kansas City Market conditions. I hope all is well and you got the answers you are looking for, let me know what you need...I would be glad to help!!

David Van Noy Jr
(816) 536-SOLD
Web Reference:  http://www.davidvannoyjr.com
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sun Jul 27, 2008
Jo
I would recommend looking at this link as a way to start. Trulia has some very good online data that might help you.

Your profile says home buyer, so assuming you are buying a home, and assuming you are working with a Realtor, I would ask your Realtor to review this Trulia data with you. In almost any market there are varying degrees of price shift and the key is to determine what your tolerance is going to be.

For example, if you are buying a home (and renting now) buying always beats renting. If you plan on living in your home (as opposed to a flip), then looking at the long term might be helpful I know that none of us likes to buy at the top of the market, we all want to buy at the bottom. The problem is that we will not know where the bottom is until about three months AFTER we've passed it, so most of us buy near the bottom. That means that in some [urchases the value of the property may decline After we buy it...however in the long term it will turn around and appreciate prior to the next sale.
David Van Noy, Agent, Leawood, KS
Sun Jul 27, 2008
As a whole they are NOT depreciating and depending on your area I can pinpoint the amount of appreciation you can expect now or in the future with a little more info. Sounds like you may be selling and not buying, but help me with a little more info here after you do a little research and I will be happy to spend a little time on it with no obligation. Feel free to contact me directly with any other questions, and I will look forward to helping you in any way that I can. Talk to you soon.....

David Van Noy Jr.
(816) 536-7653

ps. you can do a little research to make sure you trust me at http://www.davidvannoyjr.com