Adam Kegel, Home Seller in Maryland

What is the estimated value of my present home?

Asked by Adam Kegel, Maryland Tue Nov 8, 2011

Present address: 5704 French Farm Rd., East New Market, MD 21631
3 BR
2 Baths
2050 sq. ft.
2 acre lot
Built in 1996

After carefully reviewing the comparables in the last year, there have not been any Solds compared to your home in the last year. However, considering the current days on market, this would suggest lowering the price since this is a price driven market. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions. Thanks for the inquiry.
Adam the information provided by the other two agents is correct. Have an agent visit if your considering selling to review comparable recent sold properties in the area. Local experience is valuable in determining best obtainable value in the current market.
Zillow is a great tool in subdivisions of like model homes where there has been recent sales of like models. It becomes more difficult in areas of custome homes.
Possible comparable for your home is 5804 Mount Holly rd sold 6 months ago by my company. 3 bedrom 3 bath on 2 acres 2112 sq feet living space. Listed at 249,900 sold for 245,000.
Feel free to call 443-521-0256 (cell) or email me at for mor detailed info. Lacaze Meredith is a long and foster company with an office in Cambridge.
Mr. Kegel, to provide an accurate estimate of home value I would need to visit your home, talk with you and complete a market analysis of the area. Your current tax assessment is $234,400 and quite often we are finding homes selling close to that number however your current tax assessment may not be accurate. A very quick analysis based on the information you have provided and your location I would imagine the value at less than $300,000 and possibly in the $265,000 to $275,000 range but there are so many factors involved in setting a selling price that range could be considerably off. I would be happy to meet with you and provide a comprehensive market analysis, no cost and no obligation, and am easily reached at 410-924-0901 or
you can find this information out at! But you don't want generalizations, you want a real comp, and the only way to get that, is to pick up the phone and call one of the realtors in your area! Every home has speciifc improvements, and particular assets that are unique and can be best marketed by an experienced agent in your area. You have a newer home that will be best served by having a local realtor check out the comps! Best, Terry Bell, Realtor, Santa Rosa, Ca