donnakw48, Home Seller in Vienna, VA

What is the current standard real estate agent fee for selling a property?

Asked by donnakw48, Vienna, VA Thu Mar 14, 2013

How negotiable is the fee?

Answers

5
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Have you seen the show on TV where they are selling MILLION DOLLAR homes in Miami?
We are making a little bit less than that.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Sorry to tell you that there is no standard fee, actually by law there is no standard fee. Each brokerage/listing agent negotiates with each Seller/client the appropriate fee, which may depend on
the work the brokerage/Agent intends to do for a particular home, some need more some need less
work, advertising, open houses, marketing etc., they are similar but definitely not the same at all.
And with everything else in life, you usually get what you pay for, but most important is to discuss
the commission % with the Realtor, ask what the services include, and remember each agent may have a set fee for his or her efforts to market, advertise and service a listing and they will usually state to you what they charge and I agree with them, not to negotiate on those..... Here is my advice to you the home seller..... A. do you negotiate fees with your Doctor? or Surgeon? B. But most importantly I think is that you hire the listing agent to do many many things on your behalf to get your home sold, in that process at one point you Realtor Listing agent, WILL NEGOTIATE THE SALE PRICE AND TERMS WITH A POTENTIAL BUYER ON YOUR BEHALF AT THAT POINT you do want him or her to be firm and negotiate as hard as possible with the other side, NOW you want the agent who had a firm commission rate for his or her services RIGHT?
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Fri Mar 15, 2013
You should offer the brokers you are interviewing at least 10 to 15%. By doing this, only the best will apply for your listing.

Best of Luck.
Matthew T. S…, Agent, Perry Hall, MD
Thu Mar 14, 2013
There is no "standard" fee.
Robert McArt…, Agent, Fallston, MD
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Real Estate commissions to list and market a property for sale vary from Brokerage to Brokerage and agent to agent. I would FIRST ask, "What type of marketing will I receive if you were to list my property"?. I know the hard work and efforts that I put into listing and marketing my properties for sale so therefore, my fees are not negotiable. I never negotiate fees with my surgeon, I just simply want the best. Sure, he/she may cost a little more but at least I know and trust the job will get done as painless as possible.