Bnewby448, Home Buyer in Ormond Beach, FL

What is the current Real Estate sales Commission rate in Pequannock, NJ?

Asked by Bnewby448, Ormond Beach, FL Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent; there are no set standards as it would go against Federal Laws; if two agents are involved in the sale, that fee is shared; therefore Interview in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer. Choose your agent with care and not by commission alone.
Wayne Odenbr…, Agent, Mountain Lakes, NJ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
The Commission is completely negotiable.
It is definately not the most inportant factor when picking an Listing Agent.

The more extensive the services an Agent provides, the better chance of getting a higher price for your home.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Real Estate commissions are negotiable at the time of Listing:
You will negotiate not only the Listing Agent's and Broker's commission, but also the Selling Agent's (and his Broker's commission) commission.
Yes, you are determining 4 commissions.

I suggest you first concentrate on the job the Listing Company will do; putting quality before expense.
I am sure that you can find someone who will discount heavily; but is that what you really want?
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Commission rates can not be openly discussed on open forums by licensed individuals. That being said, when you look for a broker, perhaps the commission rates is not as important as the services and results you can expect. There is such a thing as value. Is it more valuable to pay a higher commission and get your property handled correctly and with maximum reults?

Best of luck
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Commissions are negotiable and we are not allowed to discuss commission rates on a public forum. With that being said, contact a few local agents in your area who will not only discuss commission, but more importantly what your home is worth and what service they provide. Remember an agent who gives you the lowest commission rate or lists your home at the highest price is not always the best agent.

If you'd like to discuss the services I provide, please feel free to contact me.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty - Fairfield Office
George Conkl…, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
GREAT QUESTION; AS INDICATED, FEES ARE FLEXIBLE; ASSUMABLY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SELLING; LOTS OF FACTORS GO INTO DETERMINING THE FEE STRUCTURE; WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DISCUSS THOSE WITH YOU; HOWEVER, IF YOU CAN SAVE 1 OR 2% AND DON'T GET THE SERVICE AND YOUR HOME SOLD, YOU HAVEN'T SAVED ANYTHING; THERE ARE AGENTS THAT WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR AND THERE ARE AGENCY WHO WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO GET YOUR HOME SOLD; NEED MORE OPTIONS AND DETAILS, JUST LET ME KNOW; GEORGE "SERVICE" CONKLIN 973-248-9293 JERSEYGEORGE@AOL.COM REALTY EXECUTIVES -OFFICE- 973-575-67066
Helene Jeane…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Exactly right! Commissions are negotiable in the state of New Jersey. The typical range is 5-6% but there are higher and lower. Why would you choose to pay your listing agent more? He or she should be able to explain their value benefit to you. Why pay a buyer's agent more? There are several things a seller can do that will impact marketing, you cannot change your location, you can clean and stage your home, you can be flexible for showings and open houses, you can price right, and you can give incentives to an agent to bring their buyers via commission. Everything else is done by the listing agent to successfully market and sell your home.
Hugo W Meza, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
I could only Second what Ron Said. I Live right next Pequanock. Please, let me know If I can be of any help!