What is the best way to encourage buyer's agent to show my property. I'll be happy to pay 3% to anyone that sells my house.

Asked by Cyan, 75075 Thu May 26, 2011

I have a rental house in Plano and am considering either selling it or renting it again. I would like to leave my options open. I'd be happy to pay anyone that sells my house the customary commission, but I am not sure how to get the word out.

Answers

11
Thomas Moser, Agent, East Northport, NY
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Her issue has probably been solved, as the question is over three years old.
Yeah, thanks. I noticed the date *after* I posted. Strange since my filter was set to "recent activity"...new to Trulia! Anyway, thanks for the overwatch...
Flag Wed Jul 16, 2014
Scott Johnson, Agent, Richardson, TX
Tue Jul 15, 2014
Great Answer Thomas Moser!!!
Amy Arey, Agent, Allen, TX
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Three main things influence the sale of a home:
1) Price 2) Location 3) Aesthetic Quality. If one is off...it will skew your results. Make sure your landscaping and curb-appeal look good as well. If you have showing appointments that seem like they never show up, it could likely be that they pull up to your home then decide to not go in. If this is NOT the case, take a look at your comps and see how you compare.

Below is a blog-post I wrote on adding VALUE to your home when selling:

http://amyareyrealtor.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/12-inexpensiv…

Hope this helps anyone trying to sell!

-Amy S. Arey
Halo Group Realty, LLC
214.901.1341-Cell
AmyAreyRealtor@Gmail.com
http://www.aarey.HaloAgent.com
http://www.MckinneyRealEstateInfo.com
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Jun 5, 2013
So, you have it planned that you will get "full service" for your 3%:
And whom will that Realtor be representing? You, or the Buyer?
Hava Johnston, Agent, frisco, TX
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Honestly, I would be happy to come by and see the house to determine if it meets the needs of any of the buyers I am working with. I don't have enough inventory and I do have clients that need homes. At very least, send some pics and an address. I may have a buyer already.

If your home isn't a match for my clients, I can still help you market your own home for a per usage marketing fee.
Think of it as an ala carte' menu for real estate.

If you are looking for something different,
this is it!
Interested? I am!

call or text me anytime! 214-994-4782... I always return calls within 10 mins,

Your REAL friend in REAL estate
Hava Johnston
RE/MAX T&C
http://www.havashomes.com
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Mar 22, 2013
It pays to list your home with an experienced Realtor.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
You can't.
-
As you have discovered, you can message a very small segment of the local agents, but you simply do not have access to the 'network.' This is as it should be. Membership has it privileges.
-
What is so exceptional about real estate is that home buyer and home seller have a plethora of choices. Some choices do work better than others. But the choice is always theirs to make.
-
Evaluate your objectives.
Determine the most reliable road to success.
Respond accordingly.

Best of success to you,
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Mon Feb 11, 2013
I agree with my colleagues, they make excellent points!
Brian Rayl, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun May 29, 2011
Cyan,

You have several options to get your home leased or sold, and it really depends on your particular situation.

You can list your home with a real estate agent who can post if for both lease and for sale. This will get the home in the MLS which is the most frequently used source of home purchases AND leases. This of course costs money in way of a sellers commission as well as a buyers commission for both the lease and the purchase option, but generally not until it is sold or leased. They do 99% of the work involved getting this done, including background and credit checks on potential tenants.

You can use a discount listing broker who will charge a flat fee for certain services. You can pay a flat fee to get your home included in the MLS, a flat fee for them to send out a mass mailing regarding your property, etc. The downside is that you have to do everything yourself. You have to arrange the showings, you have to let people in, you have to run your background/credit checks, you have to do all of the paperwork, and hope that you did it correctly and legally.

The third option is to do it yourself. Put a sign in the yard, go out to multiple websites such as here on Trulia, Craigslist, etc and post information on your property. Again, you have to do everything yourself and you don't have access to the MLS.

It all depends on what your position in your home is. If you have a lot of equity and can afford and are willing to pay one or both sides of the commission, how much time you have available to market your property, meet with potential buyers/tenants, fill out contracts, etc. Selling a home is just like changing your oil or rebuilding your engine. Sure, you CAN do it yourself, but it takes time, energy, and some learning curve time. Or, you can pay a bit extra and let a professional who does this on a regular basis and will (typically) get it done faster.

The choice is yours and yours alone. If you would like any assistance in the process including a detailed market analysis of your neighborhood for both home sales and leases and a detailed marketing plan, I would be happy to assist you.

It's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Elite
972-949-4222
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://BrianRayl.com
David Burnham, , Washington, DC
Thu May 26, 2011
The best way and the most cost effective way to get the word out is to hire a professional that does this every day. Getting the word out costs money and if you are already offering 3% for the buyer, then you really only need to spend an extra 1 to 2% to hire a Realtor who will generate orders of magnitude more interest than you will be able to as a FSBO. This interest will expand your buyer pool and drastically increase your chances of getting a top offer, which will easily pay for the extra 1 or 2%.

Just make sure you are clear when you talk to them that you are considering renting it out. Tell them your time frame upfront and you will most likely find someone that would love to work with you.
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Thu May 26, 2011
Cyan,

Be sure to check your local and state laws and ordinances, but I have seen for sale by owners put it right on the sign in their yard. This allows the agent who may be out with a buyer to see that you are willing to pay the fee.