What is the best way to advertise a For Sale on an unfinished home?

Asked by Phowells, Atlantic Beach, FL Sat Jul 24, 2010

Answers

8
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Jul 24, 2010
You should list it with a Realtor and suggest an FHA 203K mortgage. It will allow the buyer to get a mortgage with only 3.5% downpayment and include the costs to finish the home.

Hope this helps.

Alma
Debra B Albe…, Agent, Port St Lucie, FL
Sat Jul 24, 2010
Phowells,

Unfinished is marketed for sale like any other property...Internet exposure is critical, newspaper not so much, home magazines actually get more potential buyers for the advertising realtor than an actual buyer and open houses. Interview a few realtors in your area and see what they do to market homes and pick one, price it right and let them find your buyer. It is what we do best as Realtors. Putting the buyer into a property is more than looking at houses, it is a lifestyle decision!

Debbie Albert, PA
Coldwell Banker Residential
Web Reference:  http://www.ronanddebbie.net
Phillip Thom…, Agent, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Wed Feb 9, 2011
How unfinished is the house? What kind of work has already been done? What kind of work needs to be done? What type of building is it? What kind of time frame do you have? Do you know what your competition is in your area? There are many approaches to advertising your home, but your goals need to be fully understood before an opinion is given.
Jonathan Bla…, , East Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
Mon Aug 16, 2010
If the home is unfinished new construction then you can't do the 203K, you'll need a Fannie Mae Homestyle if you want financing. 203K loans require a Certificate of Occupancy at one point which an unfinished new construction foreclosure obviously won't have.

If the home is existing construction and was foreclosed in the middle of the renovation the 203K will work fine because the home would have (at one point) had a C.O.

If you have a subdivision of unfinished new construction feel free to contact me and I'll go over in more detail how the Homestyle Renovation loan works as well as the requirements to get one.
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Sat Jul 24, 2010
Phowells - did you get the answer that you are looking for?

If not, what have you been seeing about current methods for selling any property that make you think that there is one best method?

All I know is that in Atlanta, over 60% of all listings fail to sell.

What's that number look like on the beach?
., , Jacksonville, FL
Sat Jul 24, 2010

And thank you for asking. There are many ways you could market this type of property but, only one correct and effective way. I’m willing to share my expertise with you and get it sold in a few days. Please call me when you are ready to get the most out of this deal.

Jorge

Jorge Nuñez

A diversified Real Estate Consultant with EXiT Real Estate Gallery, Corredor de Bienes Raices.

Learn about My Sell Home Faster Programs

Ask me about New Construction, Energy Efficient, and Safer Cement Homes.

http://www.HousesApartmentsAndCondos.COM

2009 and 2010 Five Star Real Estate Professional “Best In Client Satisfaction " http://video.fivestarprofessional.com/jhbre2010/jorgenunez

Call or text direct at 904 - 945 - 2144
Blaine Rabe, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Jul 24, 2010
Good Day,

Two things to do: MLS listing, sign in the yard. Other things can help but those are the two big ones.

Blaine Rabe
904-874-0814
Holly Hayes, Agent, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Sat Jul 24, 2010
Get it Listed with a great agent that knows the area!!!!!! If you need any assistance, I would be happy to help you....call anytime! Check our our great website!

Holly Hayes
904-537-4473
Web Reference:  http://www.thehayesteam1.com