Home Selling in Chattanooga>Question Details

Bobby Hassler,  in Chattanooga, TN

What is the best way for me to get a value on my rental houses that I now want to sell?

Asked by Bobby Hassler, Chattanooga, TN Fri Jun 1, 2012

Best Value, do you mean get the MOST money for it?
Well sit down with an experienced area Realtor, to get a detailed market evaluation of your home,
similar homes sold recently and those currently on the market and your competition how yours compares. Then discuss initial list price, negotiation % in your area and home size, and put together
a list of add. expenses at the closing table, outstanding taxes, commissions, closing costs, attorney costs, title costs etc. to find out the app. Net to Seller....

Usually rental homes, will need some updating or upgrading, if nothing else sometimes new appliances, new or cleaned carpeting and a fresh coat of paint in en vogue colors and may be
some attractive landscaping and the Realtor can make some recommendations depending on
your price range, more or less......

That way you will have all that you can do to sell your home, faster than others and at a reasonably good price because it will show well.

Good Luck to you, if you need a recommendation for a local Realtor, get back to us here and we
gladly make some good recommendations.

YourRealtor4Life! Your Chicago, Northern Illinois, N and NW subs and the fine homes of the
Northshore Expert with @Properties Northshore, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Il. 60093
Edith always works in the very BEST interest of her clients, buyers, sellers and investors alike
and she truly goes the X-tra Mile with a SMILE for all her clients

Have a wonderful Day and all the BEST....
I would be happy to research the current market value of your rental properties. You can order an appraisal however if the buyer for your properties pays cash an appraisal may not be done. If your buyer acquires financing the lender will order an appraisal. The true current market value of your properties is what a ready, willing, able, buyer will pay. I hope this helps to answer your question.
Mary Carlson Crye-Leike Realtors mary.carlson@crye-leike.com 423-593-3370
Selling Chattanooga and North Georgia since 2000.
Has everyone else has suggested, have an agent run a CMA and a Market Absorption rate report. By using both reports you will find out not only the best price, but the best price for how quickly you want to sell the property.
Like Roger stated I could run a CMA which is a comparative market analysis or an appraisal can be ordered which will provide a little more of an accurate price point but it does cost. If you would like, I would be happy to run a CMA report for you and/or provide you with a list of appraisers to contact.

Kevin Wamack
Re/Max Renaissance Realtors
You Lisiting Agent can run a CMA. You could also order an appraisal for your own use.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing