What is the best time of day to show a house? Morning, Afternoon or Evening.

Asked by Lee & Paul Kouri, Westwood, MA Tue Feb 2, 2010

Answers

18
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Anytime a buyer is ready to see it, is always the best time.
Concierge Co…, Other Pro, Bloomfield, NJ
Tue Feb 2, 2010
From a Seller(s) perspective: Between the hours of 10am -1pm
From a Buyer(s) perspective: have a look "c" one time in the morning around 8am, one time during the evening around 6pm and one time during a rainy day.
Resolve, if you are an Agent, please take a bit of time and look around the home and "STAGE" it; or do not "SHOW" it.

A dirty home is a liability and who want to feel "DIRTY" spending money....Hmm
Jesse Mansfi…, Agent, Copperas Cove, TX
Tue Feb 2, 2010
This might not be the best answer, but it's my honest opinion. The best time to show/preview a home is when a willing prospect wants to see it. Of course common sense should prevail. I would not show a home in the dark. Really any daytime hour is good unless the owner is on the property, then show by appointment. I hope this helps!
Barbara Merr…, , Gulf Shores, AL
Wed Mar 3, 2010
The best time of day to show a house I believe to be mid morning or mid afternoon. The really correct answer is whenever the buyer is available and says they want to see the house.
Tom and Joan…, Agent, Boston, MA
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Lee:

From the Fall thru Spring I think that morning and afternoon are best. Evening stinks cause it gets dark so quickly you can't see the exterior. In the summer I love evening tours. Truly if the home is priced right and staged then the time is less important. Best
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Wed Feb 24, 2010
Morning or afternoon are good. If you show it in the evening your buyers may not be able to see the exterior defects in siding or the roof.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
Lee & Paul K…, Agent, Westwood, MA
Wed Feb 24, 2010
Thanks everyone ~ let's just keep getting listings and showing whenever the buyer's are ready to buy!
Zelda Kohn, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Wed Feb 24, 2010
If you have a choice, the best time for a particular house is defined by the best lighting conditions for the house.
Web Reference:  http://boc-re.com
Tom and Joan…, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Feb 8, 2010
Lee:

I personally feel that morning or late afternoon times are best so that people can get a good sense of the homes position in relations to the sun.
Ronald Shum, Agent, Plainville, MA
Fri Feb 5, 2010
There really isn't a set time. Of course, consider daylight savings when we are getting dark at around 5pm, you wouldn't want to show a property in the dark. Take in consideration what time your buyer wants to see the house and also if the property is available for a showing on the time you requested.
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Fri Feb 5, 2010
Hi Lee- It depends on how pretty the house is. If the exterior is in rough shape, might be best to show it at night.
If its in a "rough" neighborhood, maybe also best to stay away from the night showing.

Just my 2 cents.
Bottom line- you show it whenever a preapproved buyer wants to see it...
Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
Tean Wong, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Feb 4, 2010
There are a few slot of time I would avoid. First, when the seller(s) is at home, I personally don't like doing that, it maks buyers feel uncomfortable looking around and ask question. Second, when there is no sunlight, it doesn't make the house look good to the buyers. Either I am a Seller Agent or Buyer Agent I would avoid these two scenario.
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Wed Feb 3, 2010
I completely agree with Debbie! When its convenient for the buyer!
Web Reference:  http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Feb 3, 2010
Best time to show a house????

Anytime your buyer wants to see it! :)

One time of day I'd avoid is meatime.....especailly if they cook with strong spices!
You also might want to avoid rush hour if the house backs up to a highway - at least for the initial visit!

"Best" time of day will vary with the house.

Some homes, in fact, are better shown at night, in the dark....with the lights off! (my bad)
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Feb 2, 2010
I would say during daylight hours would probably put most homes in the best light ...pun intended.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Haven't really thought of it that way but I think it would be best to show property after breakfast and before lunch and after lunch and before dinner.....We try to schedule at least a 90 minute lunch break between the morning anf afternoon sessions.

Buyers just can't focus if they are tired, hungry, or focusing on something else. Experienced agents know how the read the customer and adjust when necessary.

The Eckler Team
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Feb 2, 2010
It kinda depends on the property, doesn't it? I'd prefer to show homes with SW facing views in the morning, so the sun isn't blasting us into the next solar system, and SE facing homes in the morning for the same reason.
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Whenever you find a buyer to show it too.....
Web Reference:  http://www.thehousewiz.com