Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

What is the best recourse if you're unsatisfied with your listing's photos?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Thu Apr 25, 2013

Answers

8
Patricia Isom, Home Seller, Katy, TX
Thu Apr 25, 2013
I would say, speak to your realtor about. Let he/she know that you are unhappy with the photos and would like to change them.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Patricia hit it on the nose! TU to her.

Our team pays for a professional photographer for our listing photos because we want to present our listings in the very best light. I used to take my own listing photos and my results were as good as most amateurs. I consider myself to be a professional Realtor but I know my photography does not measure up to professional standards. We want the best results for our clients.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Apr 25, 2013
I avoid the issue altogether by charging a $250 transaction fee, credited back at closing, to cover the cost of professionally prepared brochures, 32 photos uploaded to the listing, and a virtual tour. Sellers are all too glad to pay it when I show them examples of the work ... they love the virtual tour. It's proven to be an excellent strategy, and I've yet to have a seller express a negative comment.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Alan Harper, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat May 11, 2013
All REALTORS® can order professional pictures through HAR for cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or go buy a digital SLR

Alan Harper
World Wide Realty
281-905-2414

I give my clients 1% back at closing!
Check out this article I wrote on the Washington avenue area of Houston http://www.713realestate.com
Tom Sommers, Agent, Lakeville, MN
Thu Apr 25, 2013
If you are unhappy talk to your agent and explain to them why you are unhappy. Give them the opportunity to correct the issue. If they can't ask them to hire a professional photographer. Most listing agents want your feedback.

Best of luck,
Tom
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Trulia,

I would recommend the seller speak to the listing agent. Many Realtors are great photographers and do a wonderful job. And it is not only the quality of the image, but the way photos are taken! Great images turn into quick showing and more Internet traffic.

Most Realtors that do take their own shots should have a professional photographer as a back up. If the seller is not happy, the listing Realtor needs to take immediate action!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Myra Ephross, Agent, Bellaire, TX
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Myra Ephross, Agent, Houston, TX

I always provide professional photos as part of my service as do many agents. You should request that of your listing agent. If you are using a discount brokerage, there is little to no money left for marketing (Professional photos, professional brochures, advertising and other expenses associated with marketing a property to its full potential.
Over 85% of properties chosen to be toured by Buyers are found first on the internet and great photos are a must! If you are not paying for a full service Realtor, perhaps you can pay for a professional to photograph your home or request your Listing agent to do so and reimburse them.
At the typical 6% rate commision listing your agent should provide these for you at no extra cost.
Kevin Sechel…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Apr 25, 2013
You can always look into using a professional... http://www.HoustonPhotoPro.com