Lcyfn, Home Seller in 08080

What is the average time a competitively priced single family house that shows well is on the market in Washington Township these days?

Asked by Lcyfn, 08080 Mon Jul 18, 2011

This market is very good and I would say 30-45 days of priced correctly.
That would depend on the marketing that your home is receiving.
I have a 120 Day Marketing system that I impliment for all of my listings.
My average marketing time for getting properties under contract is 71 days.
Currently to date there have been 189 homes in Average condition that have sold in Washington Township at an average marketing period of 104 days.
If you need more information on my 120 Day marketing system, inbox me....
Easy calculation - take total active inventory in however finely you want to cut it and divide that number by the number of properties that have gone under contract (same criteria) in the last 30 days. The result is your market absorption rate or time to sell, expressed in months. Simply put, if no other inventory came on the market this is how long it would take for similar properties to be absorbed. It is a great barometer and also will help you set your expectations. 5-6 months is considered a "normal market", anything less a "seller's market", anything more a "buyer's market"....all by degrees.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
It really does depend on the condition, location, and neighborhood, even within the same township. I have seen homes sell in a week that were competitively priced and I have seen homes linger on the market even though they are priced right. I would need more information to given you a proper answer, such as the address and price on your home. With that i can do specific research and give you the best answer.
Web Reference: http://www.gyleshomes.com

During the month of June, 35 properties settled in Washington Twp. with another 33 pending. 85 additional homes were listed. The average Days on Market were about 146 days.
It all depends on location, condition and your desire to sell with a competive price.

Gina Fagnani
Of the 103 non-short sale houses sold in the last 3 months, 36 sold in 60 days or less, 25 of these in 30 days or less.

The Median Days on Market (half took less time, half took more) is 83 days.

There are definitely buyers (40 houses currently Pending), but a house must offer value and a competitive price to move quickly.
What price range? Days on market varies by price range...
Web Reference: http://hometeamnj.com