Allison, Both Buyer and Seller in

What is the average selling time for houses in The Woodlands? Specifally the Indian Springs area.

Asked by Allison, Mon May 19, 2008

HAR has a new capability that allows you to pull statistics based on subdivision information, specifically in The Woodlands by Village. Homes classified under Indian Springs that have closed this year have an average of 56 days on market. This figure does not include the extra days if a home has listed previously under a different MLS number. About 1 in 5 listings that have closed this year have relisted, which sets their days on market back to zero.

There are 46 homes currently active on the market with an average of (also) 56 days on market, and there are 32 homes in Option Pending, Pending, or Pending Continue to Show status. 14 of the homes that are in sale pending status went under contract in less than a month.

Keep in mind that Indian Springs ranges from the $100s to over $1 Million, I would recommend a specific home market evaluation to get a better idea of how things are moving with homes that are of particular interest to you!
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 19, 2008
Indian Springs Homes Closed in the Past 60 days:
The following data if for the Village of Indian Springs in The Woodlands, TX. The days on market are accurate in regards to homes being listed multiple times, or with multiple brokers. The data represents the medians, not averages, which gives a more accurate picture of the market. Please call with any additional questions as I would love to help.

Median Sales Price of $409,250, $/SF of $109
Homes avg 31 days on market, selling at 98% of asking.

Michael Blount Jr, Broker
Blount Properties
Web Reference:
Lynn, Where do you get three years, and why do you answer if you can not assist.
We in HAR can go back 10 years and could go back futher if we had been on Tempo longer. But the person asking this question would not need to know 10 years nor 3 years history. That has nothing to do with today. Appraisers look at 6 months but trends go by time of year so a 3 months to a years history is all one needs.
Lynn from reading your answere you just answer to open your mouth or key board. LOL
Allison a local Realtor such as myself or Johnny will be happy to run the numbers for you.
Hi Allison,

As a gross average, homes in The Woodlands sell in right at 60 days. The Indian Springs average is a few days below that (55-60). Of course each neighborhood within each village has its own market; feel free to contact me if you'd like a specific property analysis.

I am sure you are going to receive some responses from Realtors that work in that area. I do not, however I would like you to be aware of this:
In almost all cases, homes that sell in the first month will sell closest to asking price. Why is that important? Because if you are trying to sell for the highest price possible, your goal should be to sell within the first 30 days. As a property sits on the market, it loses value.

In my MLS, homes that sell within 30 days sell for 98.5% of asking price. At 120 it goes down to 93.6% of asking...and that would be AFTER a price reduction or two. However, the AVERAGE Days On Market (DOM) in my area is 110 days. So that means that about 25% of the properties are listed and sold within 30 days (I would call them the properties offering buyers the best value). That means that the OTHER 75% of the listings have LONGER DOM, some up to a year!

So when you talk with your Realtor, ask them what their plan is to sell your home, and pay attention to the time frame. In real estate, homes have a short shelf-life.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA