Laurie Manny,  in Long Beach, CA

What is the average days on market in your area?

Asked by Laurie Manny, Long Beach, CA Sun May 13, 2007

Answers

2
Gena Riede, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Sun May 13, 2007
In Sacramento County, I would say that the average days on the market are 60. This is somewhat of a misnomer since many homes seem to be listed several times before actually sold. This effects the number that is recorded as Days on the Market. You can view a listing of these figures for Sacramento County by City and Zip by clicking on the link below.
Erin Stumpf…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Fri Jun 22, 2007
Sellers especially are always asking me the average length of time a home will sit on the market...in Sacramento County as a whole, according to Trendgraphix (a real estate statistics firm), the average in May 2007 was 55 days.

Keep in mind, these stats are averages, and a property's DOM (days on market) will vary due to many factors like how well it has been priced, the price range the home is in, the neighborhood, etc.

If you click the link below, you can view a graph that shows the DOM trends in Sacramento County over the last 15 months.