What is the average commission for a realtor on a mobile home?

Asked by triplejranch3, Santa Clarita, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

Answers

12
Tony Lewis, Agent, Valencia, CA
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Mobile homes need a specialist in the field and the average commission seems to be 10%
Paul, Both Buyer And Seller, 11968
Thu Sep 29, 2016
I think you will find InBedrock.com to be very helpful in analyzing your prospective home purchase. It will help you understand in a very simple, easy-to-use way ALL the costs of homeownership, especially as it pertains to viewing home as an investment. It will help you figure "how much home can I afford?" and "what will bank lend me?" given my income, assets, down payment, other debts, etc. InBedrock.com is great for 1st-time homebuyers who need assistance and basic understanding of all financial aspects of buying AND then owning a home (i.e. Real estate taxes, HO Insurance, Title closing fees, Utilities, improvements). It will help you decide if house you have heart set on is a better investment than Renting. So get real estate smart with InBedrock.com
Web Reference:  http://InBedrock.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Sep 29, 2016
Sweetser Shop around. Not all agents will charge the same. For low cost homes most times there is a flat fee and not a percentage. When an offer is made, you dont have to accept, counter offer first to what is acceptable for your
Sweetser75, Home Buyer, Santa Clarita, CA
Thu Sep 29, 2016
what should the commission be for my manfactured home be in orlando fl? I feel my realator has taken advantage of me. My home was priced at 20,000 and she is taking 3,000 plus the deposite of 1,000 dollars and I am to pay for October and November lot rent but to be out of my home by sept 30th.
Tvandemark, , 91355
Sun Aug 12, 2012

Just to clarify, I see those agents who noted the 10% were agents who work the Santa Clarita, CA area, which was an area noted in the questions data. This lead to responses from some local Santa Clarita agents referring to mobile home (in park) commissions in that area. Commissions are negotiable as stated through out the posts and do vary by state, area and the type of transaction.

Be sure to price it right from the start, as it is a tough market for mobile homes right now as home prices have dropped and sometimes the money down for a mobile can be nearly as much or more than a FHA loan down payment on a condo or a small home. In addition, not all lenders loan on mobiles. I also work the mobile home and land markets, so if you have any more questions feel free to contact myself or another agent to get you headed in the right direction.

Enjoy your day,
TV-Tracy Van De Mark
(661) 310-4004
Lic.01487734
Can you sell I own my mobile not the land I'm in a mobile home park ?
Flag Thu Jun 9, 2016
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sun Jul 22, 2012
No, 10% isn't "average" or "standard." And I'm not just saying that because all commissions are negotiable. Where I am, the commission tends to be less. It also depends, as noted, on whether it includes the land. What it comes down to is that there's still a lot of work involved in selling a mobile or manufactured home. And a 6% commission (just a hypothetical number) on a $30,000 transaction, perhaps split 4 ways (listing agent, buyer's agent, broker of the listing agent, broker of the buyer's agent) results in almost no commission. That's $450. So, I agree you'll often see commission percentages higher on mobile homes than on stick-built on their own land. And those higher commissions can certainly be justified. But: No standard.

And I agree with Tony that the commission shouldn't be at the top of your list of questions. It IS a specialized service, and you want someone who knows what they're doing.

Darrell D. D…, Agent, Schertz, TX
Sun Jul 22, 2012
I'm not in your area, but agree with Tony. You need to find someone that has knowledge of mobile homes. By themselves, they are chattel and not considered real property for MLS standards. When tied to land, the legal descriptions must include the land as well as the home (mobile homes have both serial numbers and label numbers.....double wides and triple wides have sequential label numbers). Specifics related to financing possibilities for potential buyers, proper legal descriptions, and foundation type to fit financing options should be something the agent is knowledgeable of. Good Luck.
Tony Lewis, Agent, Valencia, CA
Sun Jul 22, 2012
TripleJRanch3, The commission fee is not near the top of the list of questions you should be asking. You see, selling a mobile home is a specialized field and finding a Realtor that knows the laws and has the ability to promote your home to the maximum amount of qualified buyers should be your prime concern. You should interview as many Realtors as you need & find your best match. Asking questions is your best tool. I would advise only asking about the commission when you have found a Realtor that seems to be someone worthy of handling your sale. This question should be asked last and in this manner "oh, by the way, how much do you charge?"

I don't sell mobile homes but this advice works for all styles of real estate sales. Call, Text or Email with any other questions. I will help you and those you know sell or buy a traditional home or condo.

Tony Lewis * RE/MAX of Valencia
Web Reference:  http://www.TonyLewis.com
Tvandemark, , 91355
Sun Jul 22, 2012

Ms. Gallatin is correct, all commissions are negotiable. Mobile home transactions standard commission is 10%. These transactions are just as involved and time consuming as a home or other real estate transactions, but sometimes have other curve balls thrown due to park management involvement, and some other factors. Sales price is usually much lower than other real estate transactions, so commissions would be smaller for the same amount of work and sometimes more as real estate transactions vary. As you can see by the responses not all agents service mobile home buyers and sellers.

Just wanted to know if your speaking of a mobile home in a mobile home park or on it's own land. If you want to chat more about mobile home transactions, I can give you more information so you can make an informed decision that meets your needs.

Enjoy your day,
TV-Tracy Van De Mark
(661) 310-4004
Lic.01487734
Sona Gallatin, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
All commission amounts are negotiable. It's not my area of expertise, I would recommend checking out who is listing the manufactured homes in your area and go with them.
Crystal Shep…, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
Laura is correct ...10% is the most common figure. Even then, your agent doesn't make very much on the transaction, which can be almost as complicated as the sale of a regular home. Any less than 10% and you can surely expect the service to be subpar.

Best of luck!
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
10% is the average. Some agents even ask for up fees on them. I personally don't deal with them.
Good Luck.