Home Selling in Houston>Question Details

Barry G. Hol…, Both Buyer and Seller in Houston, TX

What is the average DOM for a 3 bedroom house in Houston, TX.?

Asked by Barry G. Hollie, Houston, TX Thu Jan 10, 2013

Answers

4
Barry ...

There are three factors that determine how long a home will remain on the market ... location, condition and price. If the property is in a desirable area, in great shape (the more upgrades, the better) and is priced right, it will sell quickly ... one across the street from my home (Meyerland area) went in 7 days for a pretty hefty price. I have a listing about two blocks away that's been on the market for months ... no updates and a bit overpriced. I recently sold a pretty ugly house in a great location in three days (investor purchase). So as you can see, there is no carved-in-stone answer.

If you have a home you'd like to put on the market, or are looking at a specific property, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Barry,

It will vary from area to area. Some like the Woodlands or Memorial might be only 30 days. Some tougher to sell properties like town homes might be 125 days. The average for the entire Houston market is about 77 days right now. There is information on HAR.com or have a Realtor pull up information more specific for the community you live in.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hi Barry!

Take a look at Trulia's Market Trends: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Houston-Texas/market-trends/

Hope this helps,

Ali, Community Manager
Depends on the area and price I thinks in general approx 100 days