What is an off market listing?

Asked by Curious Neighbor, 22180 Wed Jul 6, 2011

What is an off market listing on MRIS? Previously the home was listed as sale pending with a document review contingency now the listing says off market. The agent's webpage also just says its off the market . Does this mean its sold?

Answers

5
Raymond Leah…, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Thu Jul 7, 2011
The previous discssions point many reasons why the property is off the market.

It may come back on and it may not . Your agent can help you find out the current status. If you don't have an agent supporting you I as others would be pleased to support your discovery process.

]Ray Leahey
Melissa Bark…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Jul 6, 2011
Hi

As Sheila points out there are many reasons other than just sold that a listing can be off the market.

Web Reference:  http://www.wdcmetroagent.com
Erik Weissko…, Agent, fairfax, VA
Wed Jul 6, 2011
It could also mean temporarily off or as seen in MRIS T/O

Examples include..took off the market for say a paint job..kitchen counters or some other improvement OR could be waiting for a release of another contract..OR the agent simply did not want to mark it as expired for fear of losing the listing..so they mark it as temporarily off.. OR simply they took it off because the seller could not fetch his price or decided not to sell for whatever reason.

If you shoot me the address or MRIS # I can get you the details..

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
Sheila Zelghi, Agent, Vienna, VA
Wed Jul 6, 2011
"Off the market" means that 1 of the following has occured to the listing;

1)expired= meaning the listing agreement between the home owner and real esate brokerage firm is no longer valid b/c the agreement has expired.

2)withdrawn=meaning the either the home owner of broker has decided to no longer have the home listed for some apparent reason.

3)pending=meaning the home currently has an offer, and it's pending some form of contingency.

4)sold= there's a lucky new home owner!

If the property is no longer listed as "ACTIVE", then the property is currently unavailable at that moment.

I hope this answers your question.

If you would like for me to double check to confirm anything with the current listing broker for this home that you are interested in, please email me the property info. You can also log on to http://WWW.Bhome2day.com for further details.
Web Reference:  http://WWW.Bhome2day.com
David Burnham, , Washington, DC
Wed Jul 6, 2011
Not necessarily. If it says off the market, it probably means that the current contract fell through and the agent has not relisted the home. It could have fallen through for a number of reasons and it could be either permenantly off the market or temporarily off the market.

For example, maybe something came up during the home inspection and the buyers walked away, but before putting the house back on the market, the owners are fixing the issue.

If you email me the property address, I can look into what is going on.