What forms are needed to sell mobile home?

Asked by Napaseller, Napa, CA Sun May 24, 2009

Have buyer just want to trade title/reg for cash. Know I need disclosure, lead paint,smoke detector, multi-purpose transfer form and bill of sale. Is there anything else? Times are tough for everyone need to sell this on my own.
I am also going to do an appraisal to make sure the pricing is right.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mobile Home Connection’s answer
Mobile Home…, Agent, Santee, CA
Tue Dec 31, 2013
Dear Napaseller,
Your local Department of Housing office can help you with the forms. The main office in Sacramento can direct you to your local branch. Better yet a local Escrow company that has an agent that specializes in Mobile Home transfers will make the process run smooth. If the home is on the Tax rolls a tax clearance will be required. If it is not, your buyer will need to have the money ready to pay the sales tax in addition to the transfer fees. Why not call a local agent that specializes in mobile/manufactured home sales that is familiar with your park? They will tell you what the real value of your home is and what your responsibilities are.
Best of luck to you...
Rosemary Aljundi-Schreiber
Owner Mobile Home Connection
San Diego California
0 votes
Lizzy, Home Owner, Beaverton, OR
Tue Mar 15, 2011
what legal forms do i need to sell my mobilehome on my own? selling it on a contract.
0 votes
Napaseller, Home Seller, Napa, CA
Mon May 25, 2009
Don, Thank you for your answer. Actually never advertised. We were still in the process of cleaning it up and the park managers' son walked over a buyer with a huge cash down payment. We are going finance the buyer for the rest. The buyer knows what our ball park is and it is he who requested the appraisal. Which brings up another question...we were thinking of 3-5% financing and I think the buyer just wants to make payments for the rest without financing. I want to go thru a title company to draw up the paperwork to make it all legal. What would be the right thing to do if he put down 40pct cash?
0 votes
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon May 25, 2009
Not sure you need anything else, unless it's something required by your locality. Selling a mobile home is closer to the process to sell a car than to sell real estate (assuming there's no land attached).

However, I don't understand the appraisal. If you'd wanted one, it should have been done before you marketed the property; if you have a buyer, you've probably already advertised/quoted a price. What if it appraises for more; are you going to tell him: "Sorry, but now I want more money"?

Also, mobile homes don't appreciate, certainly not like real estate. In fact, like cars, they depreciate. So, generally, a mobile home seller is pleased to sell the home for what he/she paid. I know plenty of mobile home owners who would be delighted to sell for what they paid for. You might use this as a gauge in your pricing. And, of course, if you're in a mobile home park, look at what similar homes are selling for.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Napa Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more