What exactly is a Site Feed and how do I create one?

Asked by Exit Lone Star Realty, 75034 Fri Jun 29, 2007

Answers

2
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Fri Jun 29, 2007

Thank you for the question.

Please access the link below to review our feed guidelines. The information provided there should answer your questions, however if you are still unclear after reading this information please click on the 'Feedback' link located at the bottom of our site to send us your specific questions.

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Trulia Roger, Home Buyer, Alameda, CA
Fri Jun 29, 2007
In simple terms, a feed is a text file that contains real estate listing information in a particular format called XML. For us to read the data in that file, it needs to be updated on a regular basis (daily is preferred) and available to Trulia to read (for example it could reside on your Web server if you have a Web site). There are various ways you can create that file depending on how you store listing information yourself (e.g., in a database, in an Excel spreadsheet, etc) so there isn't a general answer--every situation is different.

The details of the format we use are on the page Emily linked to.

I hope this helps!