Ph,  in Charlotte, NC

What do i do to convince sellers to list their home with me?

Asked by Ph, Charlotte, NC Mon Mar 2, 2009

I want to appeal to sellers. Any advice would be helpful. I want to be different, amaybe hand deliver a postcard but have no idea of what to write on it.

Answers

2
Ph,
I would concentrate more on yourself and your abilities. What sets you apart? Look at other listings and the marketing then look at what you can do. What is going to make you stand out. Are your ads better, do you advertise somewhere they do not. Do you do target marketing? You need to concentrate on what makes you stand out. Then you can market yourself appropriately. Charlotte is a tough market I know. So good luck

Hope this helps,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 4, 2009
I market to sellers a few different ways. I have subscribed to a lead generation service for the past 4 years and it has given me 80 -90% of my business. I now also marketing to expired, FSBO's and withdrawns with a personal letter introducing myself and a copy of my marketing plan.

Once I get in the door, I have a "seller's package" that I have put together using several sources. Its contains examples of my advertising, letters of thanks/recommendation from past clients (I find this to be very powerful), my marketing plan - what I plan to do for them in the next 30 days (it gives them a time table and makes me accountable), of course a CMA and a sheet on helpful tips to prepare their home for the market.

If you want to email my privately, I would be happy to email you letters and package information so you wouldn't have to start from scratch :O) Good Luck!

Heather
Heather, I would also appreciate knowing some of your marketing approaches. I have a marketing degree, a realtor's license and am a professional photographer. You would think this would get me in the door, but getting in the door is really tough. I thank you in advance! capecod1961@gmail.com
Flag Fri Aug 5, 2016
Hi Heather,

I just started in real estate a year ago and am looking to grow my business in my hometown. I would love to see what you send to potential clients as your ways sound very promising. My email address is ashlee_amendt@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your time!!
Flag Sat May 28, 2016
Hi Heather,
It would be of reat help if you could please share the details of seller's package & CMA and sheet used to prepare their home for the market. My email id is pranav.behl@gmail.com
Pranav
Flag Thu Oct 22, 2015
I am a realestate agent NOt a homebuyer.I don't live in West Caldwell,nj.I live in Bloomfield
Flag Sat May 9, 2015
Hi Heater, my name is Susan and I a also just starting out in Realestate andI could definately us advice. Tell me about this lead generation service, how do I contact them? Also i aminterested in your letterrs of intorduction, flyer, psot card etc. How do you prospect for client other thanthe service?Please send me everything. I live in New Jersey my email is sservidio1961@gmail.com
Flag Sat May 9, 2015
hello Heather, I found your tips really helpful and I would like to ask you if its possible to share with me your sellers package so I could start my career in RE the right way. I would really appreciate your help.
thank you!
my email is laurabk6@hotmail.com
Flag Sun Apr 26, 2015
Hi Heather! My name is Natalia and I am new in RE. If you can email me please, samples of the letters / package for contact and convince sellers to sign their houses with me. My email is: Natrocky@gmail.com . Thanks a lot!
Flag Thu Apr 2, 2015