Home Selling in 49237>Question Details

Gregory Kaiz…, Home Seller in Springfield, MI

What do I need to do to have someone just take over payments on a mobile home. I live in a different city.

Asked by Gregory Kaizer, Springfield, MI Sat Apr 26, 2008

We are moving out of state and the home is in a park in Concord, MI. There is only a manager on site and I'm told it cannot be sold by a realtor unless it's permanently on the site. I would just like someone to take over payments. I would even be willing to pay closing costs. I haven't been able to get any information on how to proceed.

Help the community by answering this question:


First, call the finance company that you are making payments to. They will explain to you how you will be able to transfer ownership to another buyer, and what paperwork is required. Get a copy of the paperwork sent to you.

Next, contact your park manager and ask what kind of application is going to be requried for a new owner. Get a copy of it.

Then, put an ad in your local newspaper and hand out flyers in your park, listing the monthly payments for the mobile home and lot rent. Make appointments with interested buyers to see your home promptly.

Ask for a deposit of at least $500 and have a sales contract ready to fill out. Good luck.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 26, 2008
Greg, Your information is correct, real estate agents can sell real property. A home within a park is personal property. Once they are attached by a foundation to your land, it becomes real property.

I am surprised that nobody else within your community has never sold or purchased before. I think if you speak with your neighbors they might be able to lead you in the correct direction.

As to having someone take over payments. At one time you signed a contract with a lender and your community. All of your answers will be within those contracts. I do not suggest simply walking away and not making any payments.

I will see if I can find a website with information later tonight.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 26, 2008
You should call some local real estate firms. They may know of someone in the area who has a Mobile Home Brokers License and works with this type of listing. Our company has a Mobile Home group, but unfortunately we do not serve that area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 28, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer