What can I do to get my realtor to communicate with me? We listed the house and moved across country. It has

Asked by Winter, 23662 Tue Aug 18, 2009

been like pulling teeth to get this realtor to keep me updated. It is not an expensive home ($55k), so I realize the commission will not be huge. Regardless, I have told this realtor that I would like weekly updates on showings, etc. Eight weeks in, no luck. Supposedly the sign has been stolen twice as well, and it takes 3 weeks to replace each time. I am soooo frustrated, but feel like my hands are tied because I now live 2000 miles away.

Answers

5
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Dear Winter,
It's not about price, it's about work ethic and professionalism. Call the broker in the office and let them know the situation.
My opinion...there are so many hard working and exellent agents out there, you might want to consider going with someone who takes pride in their work.
Natenat, Both Buyer And Seller, Amarillo, TX
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Winter,
Fire the realtor and find one that has a tract record of selling homes in that area of town. Also talk to the owner / broker of the company who is working for you and let him/her what you expect. I understand your fustration, I owned a house 1000 miles from Amarillo and it took me 3 years to sell it. Now I own many houses in town and work with many realtors. Some are very good and some are not. You need to sell this home by Nov. 30th, thats when the tax break for first time home buyers expire. Make sure you have a realistic selling price so you can at least get an offer. Consider taking less to help move the property quickly. Nov-Feb are terrible months to be selling anything unless its realated to Christmas. Good Luck !

Nathan Hand Properties
Amarillo, Texas
Dominick Dina, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Winter,

Sorry to hear of your problems with a fellow agent.

First, call the Broker. (S)he will talk with the agent. If that does not get you any response, reread your listing agreement and terminate it as per the contract.

Then look for another agent.

Best wishes,

Dominick Dina, Broker/Owner
Christian Realty San Antonio
Jayandjudyy…, , Amarillo, TX
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Get A Real Estate investor that will talk to you Like me at 1-888-673-5051
And my web site is http://www.buysellrealestatestore.com/ I Hope this help you have good week
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Winter
Not all agents are created equal and have the skill set that you need.

My suggestion is to interview three other Realtors and ask them to analyze your situation. If you like I can refer you to a top agent in your area.

In the last eight weeks homes have been selling. Look at the link below. Only the best values are selling in Amarillo. What you need are boots on the ground to give you the honest feedback so you can get your home sold.