What areas of the South City St. Louis MO are a sellers market?

Asked by Cwitheft, Saint Louis, MO Tue Feb 12, 2013

My wife and I are relocating for work and are wondering if we should rent out or house or put it up for sale.

Answers

12
Stela Yancheva’s answer
Stela Yanche…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Regardless of where in South City you are located, you should start the process by finding out what the current market value of your home is and whether the possible proceeds would be sufficient to cover your outstanding mortgage. In the second option of renting out, inquire about the current rental rates for your type of property and whether that monthly income would be greater than the added operating costs, mortgage and the fees of a property manager, which you may need since you are relocating out of town. Having a good overall picture of all the numbers will help you make the right decision. I live and work in South City myself, and would be happy to do a free comparative market analysis for your area, and sit down with you for a free consultation. You can reach me at 314-336-1937.
Web Reference:  http://www.skyteam.cbp1.com
Debby Buffa, Agent, Town and Country, MO
Thu Jan 29, 2015
There are many things to think about when renting a property. If you are relocating to another area, who will be available to take care of any problems that come up...and believe me, they do. You can always hire a reputable property management company, they are extremely helpful. Since there is still a low inventory in the St. Louis market, you may really think about placing your home for sale.
Klaus Illian, , Saint Louis, MO
Mon Apr 1, 2013
The first question I would ask is whether or not you have experience at managing property? And if so, do you want to be a long distance landlord? You can always hire a company like Wood Brothers Realty to manage the property but it only makes sense if: a. You feel property values will appreciate quickly; b. You think you may move back within a few years and you really love your current home. Also, you may be converting a primary residence in which you have appreciation into an investment property that will generate capital gains taxes in the future. Another consideration is whether you can qualify for a mortgage in your new city without selling your current residence. The question is complex and requires careful analysis with trusted advisers.
Dan Brassil, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Sun Mar 31, 2013
I think that depends on the area of your home as well as the condition it is in. I would recommend interviewing a few agents to find out what your house could potentially get in this market and then make a decision.
Michael Patr…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Sellers' market it is! Inventory is low everywhere in South City however homes are still priced competitively. Whether or not you want to rent it or sell it, discuss it over with real estate professional and make an educated decision. I would be happy to discuss with you data of your neighborhood so you can make wise decision. Please feel free to contact me @ 636-219-5050 or my office 314-756-8344. I am here to assist anytime.

Michael P Morris
Realty Executives of St Louis
314-756-8344
636-219-5050
mystlrealty@gmail.com
http://www.mystlrealty.com
Susan Raimon…, Agent, St Louis, MO
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Inventory is low right now, therefore it is a good time to get your home on the market. It depends more on what your house has to offer and if it is priced right. Call me, I would be happy to do a comparable market analysis for you.
It is possible to have the home listed for sale and rent at the same time .
Susan
314 720-3034
Klaus Illian, , Saint Louis, MO
Wed Mar 13, 2013
You are relocating. Is there a good chance you will be coming back to STL? While we can manage your property for you, you need to ask yourself whether or not you want to be an absentee landlord. There may be good reasons to rent your home but you should explore your options. You can reach me at 314-541-4615.

Klaus Illian
Wood Brothers Realty
5600 Hampton Ave
St. Louis, MO 63109
James Warren, , Saint Louis, MO
Tue Feb 12, 2013
The buyers are out and inventory is low so it's a great time to be a seller. Homes that are priced close to fair market value for their area and marketed correctly are selling quick. If you want to know more about your particular area feel free to contact me at 314-433-0723
Penny Davis, Agent, St Louis, MO
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Don't miss out on this market - the market has lower inventory available which increases the frequency of great houses getting viewed. Because of this, many times when you have a hot property they are going for very close to (and even above) list price. I live in South City as well. Call or email me and we can set up a time to do a market analysis to find out what you can realistically get for your home now. I also have a vast database of REALTORS around the country and can almost always find you a reputable agent.
Penny Davis 314.495.9089
Penny@RedKeyStLouis.com
Patti Thomas, , Saint Louis, MO
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Great time to sell in south city...prices are stable, interest rates are low and buyers are out looking and buying. My business is up by 50% this time last year. If you have any questions about your home and its location, ect...call me.... I am happy to help. :) Patti Thomas 314-941-0449 ReMax Results
Ted Wight, Agent, Clayton, MO
Tue Feb 12, 2013
I think St. Louis Hills is hot as long as the house has a new kitchen and baths or is priced to sell!

Tower Grove can also be hot....again....condition and pricing.
Jeanette Bell, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Tue Feb 12, 2013
How about both? If you need to move quickly, consider putting your house on the market for sale and for lease and see which happens first. Depending on what you owe on the property, your circumstances, and if you don't mind being a landlord, leasing could be a good option.