What are you going to do to sell my home other than just put a sign in my yard?

Asked by Brett Annand, 19702 Wed Jun 11, 2008

Answers

6
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Hi Brett:

Just curious, are you a Real Estate Pro? - Thought you might have made a mistake choosing your category from the question.

Sylvia
Brett Annand, , 19702
Wed Jun 11, 2008
the question was disigned for a non-realtor as you put it to read the question and think to themselves, that is a question I would ask. I am very busy as well! If you are so busy, why are you busting my chops over this? Doesn't sound to me you are using your time very wisely as you put it, again.
Brett
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Hi Brett:

No, I don't have all the answers and will NEVER have all the answers, but the way you worded the questions sure looks like a question from a consumer or a none realtor. Note that Real Estate Pro have many categories http://www.trulia.com/voices/Agent2Agent/Distinguish_Real_Es…

So I am truly puzzled and just want to know in order to answer your question correctly because we are all very busy and we want to spend the time wisely. .

Sylvia
George & Judi…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Jun 11, 2008
I guess the real answer is we market a home before we sell the home. There is a massive difference the idea of marketing a home is everything, from the different types of marketing as you are aware internet marketing is key. Diversity in buyers is the key so you market in many languages and styles. the key is the visual because that is a bi lingual way of presenting a house. So lets look at how someone would buy first need a lead ie Catch phrase and a quick note with best picture to get the attention along with read on and more pictures. Third is the in-depth look at the house then according to the Russian proverb you by the neighborhood not just the house. Marketing is getting the product out to get the interest of the purchaser and hitting there desires each group is different according to the Madison Ave approach called purchasing tribes. It gets deeper then this and much more then putting a sign in the yard and hoping a buyer drives by that method i call using unscented fly paper to catch a fly.
Web Reference:  http://www.homesales101.com
Brett Annand, , 19702
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Well I guess if Sylvia says I put this question in the wrong column, I must have. She must have all the answers, Please forgive.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Hey Sylvia,
I thought I might have been reading Patrick's reply for a moment. Uh-oh - Patrick, watch out, Sylvia and you are going to tag team for the Realtor stand-up night.
Deborah