What are thre current realtor commission rates for Ohio? And is it normal to negotiate this rate with your realtor before signing with them?

Asked by Lynnhay, 45324 Thu Oct 28, 2010

Answers

10
Chris, Home Buyer, 44256
Sun Oct 27, 2013
You guys are a joke. The person just asked if there are standard commission rates in ohio which there is and it averages around 6%. Get off your high horse and just answer the question. They are not asking what your salary is, just what % is typical on the transaction of selling a house.
Get a life!
I believe it is 7% on the first $100k and 5% on the rest. Some agents average that and charge between 5% and 6%.
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Oct 4, 2012
This is not a JOKE!!!

This is our livelyhood, our way of making a living:
Can we discuss your income over the Internet?

That is aside from the fact that we are not allowed to discuss this openly, the government has determined that.

Do your Lawyers and Doctors advertise their fees?

I suggest you lose the chip on your shoulder and give us some consideration.
Actually I am a teacher & my income is posted in the newspaper annually.
Flag Wed Apr 12, 2017
So, you're suggesting that having a doctor perform a service and then billing you later without ever having told you the cost is acceptable? That why healthcare costs are outrageous. No competition because no one shops around. Same thing applies here. I don't want to know your annual earnings, just what it should cost me to sell, like knowing what I'll pay at the gas pump before I start pumping.
Flag Wed Mar 8, 2017
Whose got the chip on their shoulder? Teachers in Ohio have their actual salaries as public record as well as many other professions. It is an expensive endeavor to sell a home. Why wouldn't folks try to get the best deal for themselves? They would on an appliance purchase and a real estate commission is much costlier. I am a former agent and a seller of two properties on the market right now. I am crying the blues for what I'm going to have to pay to sell my homes. I would love to be able to negotiate my rate down.
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
Whose got the chip on their shoulder? Teachers in Ohio have their actual salaries as public record as well as many other professions. It is an expensive endeavor to sell a home. Why wouldn't folks try to get the best deal for themselves? They would on an appliance purchase and a real estate commission is much costlier. I am a former agent and a seller of two properties on the market right now. I am crying the blues for what I'm going to have to pay to sell my homes. I wish I could negotiate my rate down.
Flag Thu Nov 10, 2016
People from California lol. You probably couldn't get a single house listing in Ohio. The sellers response being something like this "Honey I think we should use that nice lady who wasn't a complete bag of turds". People ask Lawyers "whats your fee" and other people in similar fields "whats my cost for that". Maybe had you been asking that question little more in your life Ron you wouldn't still be working at 79. Its a perfectly good question Lynn and you ask as many times as you like. Maybe someone other than an old crab ass from Fresno will give you a good answer.
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
Ron your the joke. People spend theirs lives working to own that home. They have much more at stake than you do. The whole transaction of purchasing a home is subject to the negotiation process. If they buyer and seller are giving up ground on the sale it is within reason that the seller of the property ask the Realtor put something on the table as well to close the deal. No crocodile tears either that you are already taking a cut in your commissions because the sale amount is lower. Don't forget the buyer and seller have more skin in the game
Flag Thu Jul 23, 2015
Wbragg, Home Buyer, Dayton, OH
Fri Apr 21, 2017
How about a list of the local real estate companies & what rates & charges that they charge. This saves in calling all & asking the what they charge. This would take hours to do. We need one stop shopping.
If you are buying, you don't have to pay a realtor anything. Realtors are paid by the seller - not the buyer. Example: If a home sells for $400,000., the realtor's commission at 6% = $24,000. Let's say the seller has a mortgage balance due of $200,000. + seller closing costs of $10,000. The seller's net profit is $400,000. - $24,000. - 200,000. - $10,000. = $166,000. The seller's realtor has a signed agreement to split the $24,000. with your agent (buyers agent). So your agent will receive a check for let's say $12,000.
Flag Fri Apr 21, 2017
UpNest, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed Nov 16, 2016
Realtor commission rates in Ohio may vary. UpNest.com is a great platform that allows you review commission rates, services and rebates. Hope this helps!
Acatlady2, Home Buyer, Fairborn, OH
Thu Nov 10, 2016
Mark, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Fri Mar 11, 2016
If you are looking for the current realtor real estate commission rates for Ohio, anonymously put your listing on the open market and let the Realtors bid down your commission rate. Commission fees are negotiable and a bid process will give you a free-market answer. To do this, you can use our free service, ListingBidder.com; a free service for Sellers who can invite agents to submit their marketing plan and commission structure. It is a patent pending process that is saving Sellers thousands.

It is completely free to the Seller and there is no obligation for the Seller to pick the lowest bid or any bid. The whole time the Seller remains anonymous as we never publish your street address or contact information. Sellers can sit back and review marketing plans, commission bids, ratings and reviews. A big win for the Seller. After all, Agents are not charged to register or bid and they avoid all the advertising costs. Give it a try: https://www.ListingBidder.com
Deron Leonard, Agent, Beavercreek, OH
Wed Jun 4, 2014
The great thing about real estate is anything is negotiable. The standard rate for residential property is 6%. The seller pays all the commissions. The buyer's agent will take half of the commission you pay to the listing agent. Now, if your looking to move up, and you have a nice little cream puff of a house to sell in a preferred location, a listing agent would be wise to shave a little off the "sell side" to assist you in the larger "buy side". That way, you will see a discount on your listing fee but be able to provide the agent (who is now a buyer's agent) with a bonus commission by purchasing another higher priced home, with his/her help of course.
Deron, if I was selling or buying in you area, you be my realtor. Obviously your not from the left coast.

Thank You
Greco
Flag Fri Jul 14, 2017
Thank you Deron, that was an honest answer. I appreciate that.
Flag Sun Apr 3, 2016
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Go get'em Ron. It is negotiable, but you should read this first...http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/blog/use-a-six-percent-s…
Lovethebay2, Home Buyer, Fairborn, OH
Thu Oct 4, 2012
I love how NO ONE answers the Question, this is a joke!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Hi Lynn,

Professional fee ARE negotiable to a degree......and can vary between 5% and 8% for a full service brokerage, but keep in mind that you get what you pay for....for agencies to provide those lower rated, they generally can do so because they are offering fewer services.

Our recommendation is to try to associate with a reputable company with a high degree fo visibility in your local area. Also request a written copy of their comprehensive marketing plan for your home. When entering into a working relationship such as one of this nature, it may be beneficial to have things in writing.

Best wishes,