What are the best methods for Marketing a townhome in an adult gated community?

Asked by Wendy Mckenna, Green Valley, AZ Mon Sep 10, 2007

Green Valley, AZ, 2bed, 2 bath, great shape, 1 car garage ( w/washer-dryer hook ups) Tile and carpet flooring, nice patio w/fountain in back, courtyard in front. Community recreation center w/pool, jacuzzi, arts & crafts, hiking trails, golf course near by. Listed in Tucson and Green Valley MLS. HOA does not allow for sale signs to be posted. Active adult (55 ) gated community. 1170 square feet. I'm told the fair market value is 185-200K. Some comps pulled on 8/1/07 show median price of 13 active listings to be 200,000. Median price of 12 sold properties from 3/07-6/07 is 207,500. I have it listed at 150K. There has been 1 showing so far.Listed on 8/22/07. The goal of pricing it this low is to move it quickly. It is on craigs list, and an ad was run in the local paper. It was also listed on A.R.E.I.A. site. Any ideas? I'm thinking either the market is rapidly dropping , or my price is too high for quick sale.

Answers

2
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Sep 11, 2007
Hopefully your agents are marketing to at least two different groups: 1) the Seniors, and 2) the children of the seniors who are often involved in the decision making process.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
Wendy Mckenna, Home Seller, Green Valley, AZ
Mon Sep 10, 2007
Yes Mark, it is listed with Real Estate Professionals in Tucson and Green Valley (a team) and is on the Tucson and Green Valley Multiple Listing Service.