Home Selling in Bethlehem>Question Details

jolynnwagoner, Other/Just Looking in Mableton, GA

What are the State of Georgia regulations regarding the transfer of Real Estate? Do I need an attorney?

Asked by jolynnwagoner, Mableton, GA Wed Mar 13, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


You definitely need an agent licensed in the state of Georgia to answer this question. You could just call any real estate office and get the answer to this question.

In many states, attorneys are not required by law, but it has become "customary" to use attorneys. The state of New Jersey is like that. In Pennsylvania, attorneys are not required by law, and are much less frequently used than in New Jersey. There may be some states that absolutely require an attorney to be used.

Depending on what Georgia law requires, you should definitely have a Realtor­® or an attorney to guide you through your transaction to make sure you are abiding by Georgia real estate laws.

Gerry Clinchy
Re/Max Real Estate - Bethlehem, PA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer