Home Selling in Henderson>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are some effective ways to increase the value of your home before selling?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 2, 2012

Answers

4
A clean home free of odors is a great start! This holds true for any purchase. It may sound simple and obvious but I show so many homes that aren't clean, clutter/odor free and its a shame that most REALTORs aren't more demanding of this. Having an agent that takes amazing photos or pays to have them done is also a great starter. Many buyers choose their homes online first and then contact a REALTOR to show them the houses on their list. A clean home with excellent photos are two sure ways to get your home sold.

In our current market we have an under-supply of inventory so we're seeing homes sell more quickly and with multiple offers in most cases. I have 23+ listings right now and all but 3 have received offers in the first week because I demand my clients prepare their home for selling and I help them do it.

Spending money to upgrade or update your home in this market may be a losing proposition. New Carpet is one of the cheapest and most effective ways of clenching a deal with a buyer or investor. Very few things in this market are going to have a significant cost v. return ratio because appraisers are very conservative today. Any other questions, feel free to let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 2, 2012
Depends if you're Short Selling your house or selling the house because you own it 100% or has some equity left. If it's a Short Sale, then most likely you will end up with $0.00 after the house is sold so it's not advisable to spend money on the house other then fixing minor things that are broken. If it's a normal sale your goal is to net (in your pocket) as much as you can so fixing and upgrading is good for increasing the value of your home. Just be careful what you do and how much you spend because in this current market, you do not get the same returns on your investment like many years ago. At the end of the day you will be competing with REO's and Short Sale properties around you.

To get more details, contact me or any professional REALTOR.

Bill Vogel
Better Homes & Gardens, Desert Properties
2225 Village Walk Dr., Suite 260
Henderson, NV 89052

Direct: (702) 321-1129
Fax: (702) 454-5040
billvogelnvre@gmail.com
http://www.billvogelnvre.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 2, 2012
Have clutter removed and front of the house looking inviting
Get a new garage door or paint the old one

David Cooper